Beyond: Two Souls video diary delves into “immersive” gameplay

Tuesday, 23rd July 2013 16:18 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The second of a four part video series for Beyond: Two Souls has been released.

In the video, David Cage and other members of Quantic Dream discuss the gameplay, and how the team redesigned the user interface to “provide a more intuitive and immersive gameplay experience,” than Heavy Rain.

Part three is expected next week and will focus on the motion capture shoot with highlights from actors Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe.

Game’s out on PS3 October 8.

1. YoungZer0

Am I the only one who loses more and more interest in this game the more they reveal?

#1 1 year ago
  2. wildBoar

You’re definetely not alone Zero.. Though I lost faith the second I heard David Cage was writing it.. And then I felt bad for Ellen Page. But this vid actually got me more interested. Regardless of how much freedom it will give, it seems like it’s going to cover A LOT of diverse scenarios. And a lot of Ellen Page killing dudes, groaning, wearing revealing outfits, and also ghosts.. I like it.

The writing might even be good, if not I’d wager you’ll still get a few laughs. I’d say it’s interesting… Though ‘good’ that’s quite uncertain.

#2 1 year ago
  3. DreadSabot

Like Heavy Rain I see this as more a cinematic with gaming elements worth one play through at most

#3 1 year ago
  4. redwood

@young sorry.. my bad… I was i dunno

#4 1 year ago
  5. YoungZer0

Edit: That’s okay.

#5 1 year ago
  6. jmg24bad

I need this game on my shelf. Its going to be one of those games you just have to talk about

#6 1 year ago
  7. Un-HolyMOTHERofGOD

@#6 Couldn’t agree more. I absolutely love David Cage and Quantic Dream. This and GTA5 are really the last two games I’ll be playing on the PS3 (assuming Rockstar isn’t bringing GTA5 to the PS4).

#7 1 year ago