Killzone: Shadow Fall includes actors from Homeland and True Blood

Tuesday, 9th July 2013 19:08 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Killzone: Shadow Fall has the Vektans and Helghast on the brink of war, and in order to help bring the characters of Vektan Security Agency director Sinclair and Echo the intelligence operative for the Helghast to life – two actors where brought on board to play them.

The actors are David Harewood and Jamie Gray Hyder, respectively.

Harewood is best known as David Estes, the CIA’s Counterterrorism Center deputy director in Homeland, while Hyder plays the werewolf Danielle on True Blood.

You can look at both below in their mo-cap suits and how their appearance transfers into the game.

Killzone: Shadow Fall will release as a PS4 launch title.

1. The_Red

I know they both will be great but still believe that getting TV / movie actors to do voice acting in games is pointless.

If the character is too much like the actor, then it will lose the sense of immersion and character.
    If the character looks and feels too different compared to the actor, then what’s the point of paying Hollywood fee in the first place?

What’s wrong with professional voice actors? The likes of Nolan North and Jennifer Hale catch a lot of flack for appearing in too many games but they mostly do their best. Sure, Mr North is a bit unpredictable outside Uncharted but his work in Spec Ops was superb.

#1 1 year ago
  2. redwood

ok…. this

looks awesome!!!!!!

#2 1 year ago
  3. Clupula

As someone who watches True Blood, I still can’t identify which of the werewolves is Danielle. I kinda zone out whenever they’re on screen.

#3 1 year ago
  4. YoungZer0

@1: It depends really, as you can see they use them for motion capture as well as voice acting. So getting someone who can actually act is rather important.

I know Nolan North can act, we’ve seen as much in Uncharted. Don’t know about Jennifer Hale though.

There are games that use famous folks and it really doesn’t make much of a difference, but this one doesn’t seem to be one of them.

btw. has anyone seen Homeland? One of the best tv shows out there.

@3: Do you still watch the show? The fourth season was painful to watch, fifth season broke nearly apart and the new season hasn’t caugt my interest yet.

I simply don’t care about the main storyline anymore, the only thing I care about are the werewolves.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Yoshi

*two actors were brought on board to play them.

#5 1 year ago
  6. BrahManDude

wow the models look impressive for PS4

#6 1 year ago
  7. actuallyisnotafox

@6 apple plan to release the next ipad this year too i think september? anyway i think this will not hold them back especially with that comment about the next wave of tablets having this current gens graphics :p

#7 1 year ago
  8. fihar

I was so hoping it’d be Saul/Mandy when I read the headline.

He’s pretty much the only reason why I’ll still be watching the third season.

#8 1 year ago
  9. YoungZer0

@8: Me too. He’s a great actor.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Fin

That’s where I know him from!

Luv Saul.

#10 1 year ago
  11. CyberMarco

It turned out to be more of a Vampire soap-opera. :P

I still follow it to see what more plot twists they can make with every cliff-hanger, True Blood sucks, in a good way! :D

On topic, I was never interested in Killzone, but I like the artistic style of the game, it’s more colorful and vivid, let’s see how it will turn out.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Francis O

1. First Person
    2. Shooting
    3. Guns
    4. Bloods

——> AAA, can’t wait for this.

#12 1 year ago
  13. Lengendaryboss

@Francis
    Your back with your sterotypical, sarcastic generalizations. We get it you hate shooters.

*You could say all you do in racing games is race.

*You could say all you do in open world games is explore.

*You could say all you do in platformers is platform.

*You could say all you do in action adventure games is experience the action.

All those are sterotypical generalizations just based on the majority of those games. If you don’t like something why waste the energy to comment?

#13 1 year ago
  14. ps3fanboy

*flush the legendarychump down the filthiest toilets*

#14 1 year ago
  15. Lengendaryboss

@PS3fanboy
    You mean the same toliet that you use daily? :)

#15 1 year ago
  16. machy

@15 good one … guys thanks for the lol

#16 1 year ago
  17. machy

i’d pick Helghast side if i ever got a chance ISA r the real bad guys in kz2/3

#17 1 year ago
  18. Francis O

@Legendarychump

What are you talking about? I spoke highly of this game.

#18 1 year ago
  19. Lengendaryboss

@Francis
    Oh come on we both know your telling porkies, its exactly what i stated at @13.

#19 1 year ago
  20. Biscuitpants

pretty much the god of war ascension of killzone games i.e mediocre shit of the series, shame cause after the abomination that is gears of war judgement i was hoping that the new killzone would be good

#20 1 year ago
  21. Clupula

The first season of Homeland was amazing. The second one was very close to being 24-lite. Not bad, but nowhere near as good as the first season, which I remember saying, at the time, was pretty much in competition with Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones for best show on television.

As for True Blood, it’s a poorly written, poorly acted mess that just happens to be entertaining as all hell. It’s the one show I can call a guilty pleasure. I watched it mainly to see how batshit insane every year is going to get. Last year did not let me down.

This year seems to be a bit saner and a lot better than previous years, though, quality-wise. Not sure how I feel about that.

#21 1 year ago
  22. wildBoar

@20 You can deduce this by the fact that it’s got a subtitle instead of being a numbered sequel? I think most people feel 3 was the low-point of the series, after they really pulled of KZ2.
    I’m cautiously optimistic based on what we’ve seen.

#22 1 year ago
  23. Clupula

@20 – Not a fan of first person shooters and won’t be playing this (pretty much only commenting because of the actors) but I do have to wonder where you got your TARDIS that allowed you to play a finished version of this, thus knowing that it isn’t as good as the previous titles.

#23 1 year ago
  24. Francis O

@Legendarychump

well there is no pleasing you….

Fine, the game sucks balls.

#24 1 year ago
  25. Lengendaryboss

@Francis
    Thats better now its only without the sarcasm, absolutely fixes everything.

This is Killzone 4 but it was stated they didn’t want to slap a 4 at the end.

#25 1 year ago