Final Fantasy 14 gets third ‘A Tour of Eorzea’ trailer

Thursday, 4th July 2013 16:34 GMT By Dave Cook

Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn developer Square-Enix has released a new ‘Tour of Eorzea’ trailer, that shows off many of the game’s fantasy locations running in both PC and PS3.

The game is due for release on both formats August 27. As a note for fans, I’ve been playing the beta and I’m currently working on a new ‘Noob’s Journey’ blog, which tackles my first few days in Eorzea. Stay tuned for it on VG247 soon.

Thanks AGB.

1. KoojoPanda

Truly excited for this to release. The beta has proven that they’ve more than fixed the game. This is everything a fan of XI could want in a modern sequel.

#1 10 months ago
  2. Ireland Michael

The game is pretty solid as an MMO from what I played of the beta, but sadly it runs like utter garbage on the PS3, especially in the larger and more populated areas.

I’m probably going to wait until I have a PS4 to tuck into this one.

#2 10 months ago
  3. Sylrissa

I’m truly surprised and impressed that they have managed to solve almost every problem I had with the dreadful original launch, this is practically a whole new game from the ground up.

Goes to show if you put enough effort in, you can fix your game, despite how awful you screwed it up, assuming the company actually WANTS to fix it, and acknowledges that there is a problem in the first place.

#3 10 months ago
  4. Kabby

“everything a fan of XI could want”

Not sure if that’s a positive endorsement to be honest.

#4 10 months ago
  5. Elite_1989

Looks really nice on PC. What I’ve noticed on this and the other videos though is that the PS3 version has noticeable framerate issues, which you can see from just the character walking around. Can’t imagine how bad the framerate can get when you’re facing large groups of enemies or when in towns with loads of other players.

#5 10 months ago
  6. Gnosis

After the last weekend I’m seriously considering to buy the Collector’s… again. To be honest, I didn’t expect this game to be that much fun. It’s almost frightening, since I kinda keep expecting it to turn out disappointing. But if they add more dungeons like Copperbell, I’m in. Looking forward to the new jobs too, the pixies look awesome.
    And for fucks sake, I wanna see Ishgard from the inside!

@4: It is.

@Dave: Mind telling me the server?

#6 10 months ago
  7. Ireland Michael

@5 Its fine with mobs usually. This sort of slowdown is by lots of players gathering in a very small space.

You’ll see it in any MMO if you PC is relatively old. As more players gather in one place, the amount of data that needs to be sent and received doesn’t increase in a straight curve, it climbs exponentially like a quickly steepening hill.

The PS3′s lowly specs simply can’t handle the excessive amount of information being sent and received all at once, hence the graphical lag.

#7 10 months ago
  8. Breadback

@Gnosis, No need to buy the Collector’s again. Not unless you’re planning to pre-order for the Moogle Cap, Plush Cait Sith minion and early access. Otherwise, you’ll get the digital download, the CE bonuses, (assuming you input the original code for the 1.0 CE when you first got it two years ago) and a free trial period when the game is released.

#8 10 months ago
  9. deathm00n

Anyone knows when the next beta will start? Is it ever going to be another one? I’ve received a key but it ended up in my mail spam, so I just downloaded after the last beta ended.

#9 10 months ago
  10. ChunkyLover112

Looks good. But I wish it would be available on Xbox 360 as well. No way in hell I’m playing it on Sony’s shit… but I might just give the PC version a try.

#10 10 months ago
  11. OrbitMonkey

I misread the title as “Forza tour of Final Fantasy 14″.

Now that would be something!

#11 10 months ago
  12. Clupula

@2 – Oddly, you’re like the only the third person I’ve heard that complaint from about the PS3 version. Runs pretty smooth on mine. I wonder if it has to do with what model PS3 you have. Because it’s clear that some people are having problems. It’s obviously not a full 60FPS on mine, but I’ve never experienced any slowdown or anything like that, but I have read two other accounts of it, so there must be something going on with certain systems.

#12 10 months ago
  13. Ireland Michael

@12 Mate, even in their *own* location trailer for the game the PS3 footage was lagging like crazy.

It is fine for the most part, until you get into the larger sized placed with huge scenery with tonnes of players gathering in close proximity to each other. Just because you didn’t see it doesn’t mean it isn’t there, and it has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that the game is in beta. This is a problem in any MMO that funnels players towards the same final destination.

The PS3 simply can’t handle it.

I don’t want to spend half of my time at end game staring at screen tearing.

#13 10 months ago
  14. Gnosis

@8 Hm, are there different versions for Europe and US again? Cause amazon.de has a pet behemoth and no plushy listed in the Collectors. My main reason was actually the coeurl mount, which is also in the digital Collectors. But seeing that the physical one also contains art cards, art books and the soundtrack for additional 15€ I thought, that it’s actually a good deal.
    Can you post a link to that Moogle and Cait Sith version?

edit: ah, ic. So I’ll get the ingame stuff for free. That changes a lot actually, tnx for the tip. Didn’t get it the first time.

#14 10 months ago
  15. Rosseu

Just found out I’ve been sent a code last June 25. Does anyone know if the servers will be open the whole week and not just weekends before beta 3 ends?

Thanks for the feedback guys. I originally intended to try this on PS3, guess I’ll play the PC version instead

#15 10 months ago
  16. Gnosis

@15 Just for the weekend. It’ll start in a few hours and end around the same time on Sunday.

#16 10 months ago