D4: Swery’s Kinect-powered Xbox One exclusive discussed

Monday, 1st July 2013 11:49 GMT By Dave Cook

D4 – or ‘Dark Dreams Don’t Die’ – is the Xbox One debut of Deadly Premonition creator Swery65 and Access Games. The title was revealed at E3 last month, but the developer has shed new light on the Kinect-powered romp in a new preview.

IGN reports that D4 is a digital-only title and stars a detective called David who can touch an object, then hop into its past to solve crimes. He’s trying to save his wife ‘Little Peggy’ from some sort of tragedy using his skills.

While the game uses Kinect, it is entirely optional, but it can be used to issue voice commands and interact with the world using motion. Swery has stressed that the game was designed to be played sitting down however.

Just like Deadly Premonition, the game is laden with humour. Swery told the site, “Deadly Premonition… was a little bit weird, and this one’s also a little bit weird.” IGN also likened D4′s gameplay to TellTale’s Walking Dead adventure series, which should bode well for fans.

Back at E3 Microsoft confirmed D4 as an episodic game, and showed off a mission in a passenger jet. Check out the footage here:

Thanks OXM.

1. xBASSxMONSTAx

So hardly anyone will be using kinect on this then if it’s optional. lol

Why even bother having Kinect controls in it at all? No one wanted or asked for these stupid kinect controls in games.

#1 1 year ago
  2. absolutezero

This hurts the most that I’ll be missing.

I really really want to play this. My love for Swery is great.

#2 1 year ago
  3. actuallyisnotafox

i think if people have a choice, theyre not gonna use the kinect as whole, i mean to me pc gaming is a keyboard and mouse, console gaming is a controller, that i just dont wanna wave my hands about in thin air to play a game :/ some might but me no no >.<

#3 1 year ago
  4. The_Red

It’s a Swery game. Deadly P was a super niche and super hardcore game and if there is anything I know about niche / super core gamers is that they will NEVER use a crappy motion sensor like Kinect.

#4 1 year ago
  5. MFBB

Yeah it is just not usable for “real games, AAA games…etc” however you call them.

For children games, family games, toying around, casual stuff and so on, Kinect/Playstation Cam are good.

But I am not interested in those things at all.

Even for indie games who became quite good and important in the recent years, its useless.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Moonwalker1982

I absolutely can’t hate on this, cause if it’s optional, that IS very good!

#6 1 year ago