The Last of Us patch 1.02 removes sexy fun time phone number, multiplayer fixes deployed

Saturday, 29th June 2013 21:56 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Last of Us patch 1.02 is now available, and along with some multiplayer fixes, it changes the Pest Control phone numbers on the bulletin board. Now, if you decide to dial the numbers in real life, you will no longer reach a phone sex line. Full patch notes are below.

Changelist for Patch 1.02

Single player: Texture of a phone number on a bulletin board changed

Multiplayer

• Host migration has been improved. Losing connection to the host during a migration should occur less often
  • General crash when leaving multiplayer fixed
  • Intro camera fix for some introductory cut-scenes
  • Connectivity issues while playing have been tuned
  • If you disconnect or lose connection to the host, you will no longer advance a clan day. You will only advance a day if you are kicked from the match, or exit through the menu.

Gameplay

• Explosion Expert level 2 should be selectable now
  • The voting time for match selection has been reduced to 15 seconds
  • “No party” playlist options have been added to both Supply Raid and Survivors, players can only join this playlist solo.
  • Melee against a downed character now uses the same range as normal melee

Naughty Dog said it will be updating and adding additional fixes over the coming months.

1. Krono

There goes 30 minutes of my day.

#1 1 year ago
  2. SlayerGT

@1 You were using that phone number? Just write it down..

#2 1 year ago
  3. Lengendaryboss

Surely there are alternative “sexy fun time phone numbers” that you can find, now i will just let you ponder that thought alone.

#3 1 year ago
  4. YoungZer0

They should fix the entire hotel lobby section. That section is heavily bugged.

I had enemies that were invincible to punches and checkpoints that would save how much of my inventar I’d use, but not how many enemies I’ve defeated. It was nearly a complete disaster.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Lengendaryboss

@Young
    I thought something about that section was off, got past it though.

#5 1 year ago
  6. YoungZer0

@5: I finished the game three times now and I had trouble with it every single time. I played it on two different consoles.

Something just breaks and one of the enemies becomes immune to physical contact. You can’t even get him off you when he attacks.

I ignored everything and just tried to jump start the generator right from the get go, after the first pull you hear a clicking sound behind you and an enemy would attack.

Here’s the messed up part though: If the bug happens, he will be a step lower and Joel will literally defend himself from air, while the enemy just stands there. Yet no matter how much you press the square button, you won’t get him off, eventually this will result in death.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Phoenixblight

Never had an issue with that area. Only time I had an “issue” was when I first turned it on and wasn’t prepared with the amount of infected that came.

#7 1 year ago
  8. salarta

Aww, I wanted to call hookers. :(

#8 1 year ago
  9. YoungZer0

@7: I just ran right to the door, mostly because I had no more ammo at that point.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Phoenixblight

Yeah that is what I did after dying the first time which I had ran right into the bloater. :P

#10 1 year ago
  11. Diingo

By far one of the best multiplayer i’ve ever encountered. The game encourages team work more than any other game, if you don’t stick together you are fucked. It’s a very intimate game that allows you to get up and personal with your opponents and team mates.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Rafa_L

@10 Me too, after first death I ran straight to the door and managed.

@11 I really enjoyed the multiplayer, it’s slow paced and every action counts. Glad they fixed the day passage when you were disconnected, several times I lost conection to host and found my population sick and even worse lost a dayn for some missions.

#12 1 year ago
  13. wildBoar

Never a had a problem with the lobby personally, did have an issue with the generator jumpscare area though. Nightmares man.

#13 1 year ago
  14. SlayerGT

Just finished it. GOTY. Rockstar has a tall order to top it. And I have their logo on my back.

#14 1 year ago
  15. Telepathic.Geometry

The whole game has bugs in it. There were several sections where I snuck up behind someone and couldn’t grapple them for some reason, despite the fact that they were unaware of me. I also had a bug where the a clicker and a few runners were all crowded around me, but I couldn’t hit them and they couldn’t hit me. I also got the Scavenger trophy even though I didn’t have the firefly pendant trophy, the manuals trophy or the artifacts trophy. :-/

This patch also won’t load for me. I get to 5% and then the load time shoots up to hours and it quits and fails. On top of that, it keeps bugging me to download the patch during the game… :-/

This is a 10/10 game brought down to a 9 because of bugs, patch glitches and dodgy trophy pops.

#15 1 year ago
  16. YoungZer0

@15: My trophy for finishing the game did not activate until I decided to complete it on Hard again.

#16 1 year ago