PS4 pre-orders pass Xbox One on Amazon UK – report

Tuesday, 11th June 2013 11:54 GMT By Dave Cook

PS4 pre-orders have overtaken Xbox One in the Amazon UK charts. The retailer has confirmed that last night’s Sony conference seems to have turned the tide of battle.

MCV reports that while Microsoft was leading yesterday by 2.8%, a string of tweets out of Amazon suggests the tables have flipped like some sort of beached fish, leaving PS4 at top, PS3 romp The Last of Us in second and Xbox One pre-orders in third.

We’re waiting on actual concrete numbers before getting too excited, but something seems to have shifted over in next-gen console land. Xbox One is currently priced at $499 / £429, while PS4 comes in at $399 / £349.

Speaking of which, get our round-ups of both E3 2013 conferences here:

Sony
Microsoft

1. heroes159

I was waiting for Both Consoles to announce Properly. Now I Know what i should buy.. Fuck off XBOX. PS4 Here i come. Welcome to the NEW AGE :D

#1 10 months ago
  2. redwood

haahaha :) i dunno i find this funny

#2 10 months ago
  3. aseddon130

Microsoft are not half shitting themselves right about now …

#3 10 months ago
  4. iSh3rlock

also on amazon.com

direct bestseller chart link: http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=zg_bs_unv_vg_1_6427871011_2

#4 10 months ago
  5. Bomba Luigi

UK is/was Xbox Land. When they can keep the Advantage for a longer Time, thats pretty Impressive. But I guess thats more Microsofts Doing than Sonys, they must have a lot love for Sony.

#5 10 months ago
  6. ps3fanboy

PS4! PS4 !PS4! PS4!…. GOODBYE XBOONE! :D

#6 10 months ago
  7. Dave Cook

@6 U MAD BRO?

#7 10 months ago
  8. TrickyAudio

@7 yes, he is!!

But on topic, its no wonder really. Sony totally blew the competition away. Pre-ordered mine on Amazon, too.

#8 10 months ago
  9. naffgeek

@7 he must have been delirious all night!

I pre-ordered mine this morning too.

I thought it was a brilliant strategy to let Microsoft hang themselves and then do everything the opposite.

What money on a Microsoft flip flop?

#9 10 months ago
  10. heroes159

I think MS really need to Stop this. They should atleast drop the price of XBOX to $399 if they want to stay on the Game. I mean WHo cares for Kinect. Who cares for Voice activates. Gamers dont need that features. atleast not for another 5 years. & WTF.. MS always fucking things on regions restrictions. why the fuck they cant think that Gamers are everywhere. Installing a Fucking US only cable service to a Global Fucked up XBOX. What The FUCK they were thinking

#10 10 months ago
  11. ps3fanboy

@7 mad?.. nope i’m just celebrating the ps4 win.. and eating cake :D

#11 10 months ago
  12. KAP

Core gamers should support Sony. Plain and simple. Ask yourself, what future do you want to see? An always online one or PS4s future…

PS4 preordered.

#12 10 months ago
  13. Beta

Not going to lie. Happy to see this.

DRM and that gouging price may just impact XboxONE after all. But I can’t see Microsoft backtracking yet. People will buy the new Xbox and they’ve got the impossibly arrogant Ballmer on now board. They won’t want to be seen as admitting a fault with their strategy.

#13 10 months ago
  14. Erthazus

Show me That fucking idiot that is going to buy Xbox One.

I’m probably going for PS4 because it has a decent price for a system and for the price of Xbox One Next year I will buy Geforce 800 series and I will play Titan Fall on my PC with better frames/graphics/community and Steam. Who the fuck made this price for a freakin VHS player that has no substance and even is underpowered compared to PS4?

#14 10 months ago
  15. reask

Funny how the announcement of now having to pay a fee for multi on ps is seen as a good conference.
    Laughable really when the same guys made an issue of gold for years.

So Sony had a good conference because MS,s screw ups were so bad.

I personally think MS got one thing right and that was the games.
    This is all good actually as MS know they wont dominate Sony with a console that is 100 bucks dearer.

I reckon there’s quiet a few twists and turns left in this before anybody gets to play a game on these things.

BTW I said all along that Sony would go the gold route and was ostricised for it, now the sheepie are happy campers because Sony stuck it to MS.

#15 10 months ago
  16. Beta

People will buy it. People who don’t follow gaming news sites, people that don’t care or know about the DRM, people who like what it has to offer etc.

Now I do not like the direction MS is going with this at all, but I’m not ignorant to the fact that it will probably sell.

#16 10 months ago
  17. heroes159

@16 Oh it will sell. It will sell millions. Maybe down the Road if the sales are low compared to Sony,Maybe MS will change some features. But for now ,Everyone can order a PS4 :D

#17 10 months ago
  18. Kieran

not only is the ps4 50% more powerful than X1 its also miles cheaper :)

#18 10 months ago
  19. backup

hahahahaha end of xbots
    PC beggars now buying PS4

#19 10 months ago
  20. Beta

@17 Exactly what I’ve done. :) Very excited about PS4 now.

#20 10 months ago
  21. Clupula

Oh, Sony confirmed the PS4 is region-free.

#21 10 months ago
  22. backup

By the time u can beg in rockstar and Ea forums for PC port

#22 10 months ago
  23. OwnedWhenStoned

Will it have Netflix? That’s all I use my PS3 for.

#23 10 months ago
  24. Mike W

Am I the only one that think both conferences were great? I’m so tempted to buy both, but I have morals. I can’t support MS with their strict restrictions. Even though DR 3 looks incredible, I can’t do it to myself. I really want MS to get rid of that fucking 24 DRM bullshit.

#24 10 months ago
  25. Mike W

So you’re going to buy a $400+ console just to watch Netflix? I’m sorry bro, I don’t mean to be rude, but that’s fucking stupid.

#25 10 months ago
  26. Beta

If the Xbox was more reasonably priced and less restrictive then it would have been a great conference and I’d probably want one.

As it happens though, I simply can’t support their DRM business model.

#26 10 months ago
  27. DrDamn

@Mike W
    Nah I think both were very good E3 conferences. MS was much more slick and focused. Lots of games which will appeal to their audience. Sony was scrappy and too long, but key announcements of second hand policy, DRM and price more than made up for that. Lots for fans of either camps to be happy about. Nintendo now have to follow.

#27 10 months ago
  28. Mike W

I agree, I think both did a great job.

#28 10 months ago
  29. reask

I think Sony nailed it on the price tag and MS will need to evaluate there price prior to launch.

#29 10 months ago
  30. ps3fanboy

thank god for Sony!

#30 10 months ago
  31. Mike W

Why? You’re paying for Xbox One and the Kinect 2.0. I think the price is right when you really analyze it. The only thing MS can do is sell the kinect and the Xbox one seperate. But I think they drilled in our heads that the Xbox one doesn’t function without the kinect 2.0.

#31 10 months ago
  32. FeaturePreacher

I’m guessing it will probably be a month before Microsoft drops the kinect as a requirement.

#32 10 months ago
  33. ps3fanboy

SUCK IT UP XBOTS! :D

#33 10 months ago
  34. OwnedWhenStoned

@25 – I bought the PS3 as a 3D blu ray player that I could play games on. I’ve noticed that I very rarely do any actual gaming. But you never know.

So yes, I would spend 400 bucks on a console that I might play games on, as long as it plays blu rays and Netflix. If it doesn’t do that then it’s a deal breaker. I can play games on my PC.

#34 10 months ago
  35. reask

@31.
    I just think it is too expensive compared to 4.
    Look at the PS3 launch and how well that went down.

Price is important and kinnect wont matter to most folks.
    Just my opinion though.

#35 10 months ago
  36. iSh3rlock

even if X1 prices drops, people will still not change their decisions. even if X1 is little cheaper than PS4.

why? because DRM on xbox that’s why!

#36 10 months ago
  37. reask

I really think that’s a red herring tbh.
    Most people wont give a flying fluck about it.

#37 10 months ago
  38. silkvg247

Faith in humanity restored.

I’m glad I’m not the only gamer alive who doesn’t want my console to watch me masturbate.

#38 10 months ago
  39. Mike W

????

But why not watch Netflix on your PC and keep your PS3 as a blu-ray player?
    I apologize for my comment I really wasn’t trying to be rude.

To each their own, you must be a very rich individual. ;)

#39 10 months ago
  40. backup

Do PC pirates have anything to do other than creating new torrents everyday

THQ went bankruptcy because of PC pirates

#40 10 months ago
  41. Mike W

I understand, I respect your opinion. I’m just saying I understand why they price the One that way.

#41 10 months ago
  42. silkvg247

THQ went bankrupt because of ninjas? o.O

#42 10 months ago
  43. OwnedWhenStoned

No problem.

Too keep a long story interesting: the PC is in a different room.

The “big TV” is in the living room and has a PS3 and Raspb pi running XBMC connected to it. Netflix (in their infinite wisdom) don’t have a plugin for XBMC that works for the UK.. otherwise I would just use that.

The PS3 is actually a decent blu ray player, and the premium on top to play the odd game of GT or FIFA isn’t a problem. That’s why I asked if the PS4 would run Netflix. I’m also interested in how quiet the PS4 will be.

#43 10 months ago
  44. iSh3rlock

dude I believe people will be able to use the PS4 online features like on PS3 (except PS4 multiplayer).

I also found this

#44 10 months ago
  45. POOP CRUSTY

Yay I’m getting both! I mean come on! Titanfall, Halo, Deadrising 3, killzone, KH3 FF15. Fuck no I’m not missing out.

#45 10 months ago
  46. viralshag

If they dropped the price to something a little more competitive I would be interested again. I just don’t think that’s going to happen though, it would be quite embarrassing.

However maybe six months down the line I wouldn’t be as surprised. I could definitely wait and not get anything at launch as I have said MS has the games but Sony has the price.

#46 10 months ago
  47. Stardog

I bought a PS2 day one, a 360 when GTA IV came out (because of the cheaper price), and now a PS4 (price again).

#47 10 months ago
  48. DSB

Microsoft have a lot of apologizing and repairing to do.

At this point the PS4 won’t just be selling on its merits, but also to some extent because people just don’t like what the Xbox One represents.

It’s as much a question of buying the “Not-Microsoft” console as it is about buying the Sony one.

#48 10 months ago
  49. OwnedWhenStoned

Even if they were marketed at the same price, I would probably go with Sony, just because of the nice experience I had with the PS3. Exclusives don’t affect my choice much.

But I have to agree with DSB: Microsoft haven’t helped their cause much.

#49 10 months ago
  50. The_Red

People always say that the most powerful system never wins. Here’s the thing. Until this day, the most powerful system has always been the most expensive one. Not any more (X1).

This gen is gonna be interesting.

#50 10 months ago
  51. manamana

@DSB I agree. And knowing Microsoft they will backpaddle on the 24h registration and some DRM issues the moment it hurts their sales …

#51 10 months ago
  52. Armalyte

It looks like I can place my slim PS3 on top of the PS4.
    Sweet, that doesn’t take up too much space under my TV then.

#52 10 months ago
  53. psfanboy

Lets go Playstation!!!!

#53 10 months ago
  54. Fethennour

What ? More preorders on PS4 than XShit One ? How unexpected.

#54 10 months ago
  55. fearmonkey

@51 – I suspect that would be true, but by then is it too late? Just because they back paddle doesn’t mean the damage isn’t done.
    I really hope MS learns from this, so I hope they stick to their guns and it causes them to eat some humble pie.

#55 10 months ago
  56. tomcat

In the UK you can get PS4 for only £332. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I51HlmZzjBk

#56 10 months ago