Metal Gear Solid 5 and its open world releasing on Xbox One

Monday, 10th June 2013 17:38 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Microsoft Xbox One E3 press conference started off with a video for Metal Gear Solid 5. Showing Snake in Afghanistan traversing through an open world. It promises the “next generation of stealth”; dynamic CQC and it the video showed new characters in the game all to a tune which sounded straight from a James Bond film. There’s a tag line in it about men becoming demons, and there looks to be African kids trapped in a jail holding out diamonds in their hands. We’ll have the video up as soon as we get it. Kojima cam out on stage to talk about showing more later. A release date has yet to be announced.

1. CyberMarco

It looks amazing! :D

But Snake sounds like he’s out of place…

#1 10 months ago
  2. salarta

Looks good, looking forward to playing it on PS4.

I think I saw little girl Naomi there, which I expected and hoped for. Also WEARS BIKINI: THE WOMAN. Wearing a bikini in the desert is extremely realistic! I kind of expect this silliness from Kojima, it won’t detract from me getting the game, but it just stands out.

#2 10 months ago
  3. MadFingerz

I have to say, although I don’t like the idea of an open-world MGS, the game looks gorgeous.

#3 10 months ago
  4. Max Payne

If this eventually doesn’t come to PC I going to yell DAMN IT

#4 10 months ago
  5. Mike W

Lol :D

#5 10 months ago
  6. CyberMarco

Will it release on current-gen consoles in the end?

#6 10 months ago
  7. Max Payne

@6 I think only Ground Zeroes ? But who knows.

#7 10 months ago
  8. EdNorton

Here’s the gameplay – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iil5sppPvM

#8 10 months ago
  9. Phoenixblight

MGSV will not be on current gen. It will only be on next gen.

#9 10 months ago
  10. CyberMarco

Ah, I see. Thanks!

#10 10 months ago
  11. Clupula

@9 – Do you have a link to where they say the PS3 and 360 versions are cancelled?

#11 10 months ago
  12. silverstorm

Was hoping for a release date :(

#12 10 months ago
  13. Phoenixblight

If this game were on current gen they would have to make a completely separate version as what the game was showing as gameplay would not be possible for current consoles.

#13 10 months ago
  14. Armitage Shanks

aint that woman in the bikini Sniper wolf?

#14 10 months ago
  15. GameboySRM

Actually the game is still slated to be released on both current gen and next gen consoles. The game can run on current consoles because that’s what they have been using to make the game. If GTA 5 and Batman Arkham Origins are for current consoles (which they are) it shouldn’t be a surprise that this can run on them.

#15 10 months ago
  16. SlayerGT

Sutherland sounds like a mix between COD protagonist A and COD protagonist B. I think they’ve made a mistake. Game wise it looks great. But damn man..so disappointed.

#16 10 months ago
  17. Topgear2006

Is it me. Or is there no sense on getting a next gen. I mean they just said that MGS5 will be on PS$ and ONE also PS3 and 360?

#17 10 months ago