UK Charts: GRID 2 tears into first place, Fuse debuts at 37

Monday, 3rd June 2013 09:21 GMT By Dave Cook

GRID 2 has raced to the top of the UK Charts this week, while fellow newcomer Fuse enters at 37th after a string of poor reviews.

GRID 2 received mostly positive reviews last week, with some critics disagreeing with the game’s ruthless AI. Check out our review score round-up here for a clear picture.

Meanwhile Fuse didn’t fare as well at review, with many critics pouring scorn on the shooter’s lack of character. Check out our Fuse review score round-up here.

1. Grid 2 (Codemasters)
  2. FIFA 13 (EA)
  3. Dead Island: Riptide (Deep Silver)
  4. Far Cry 3 (Ubisoft)
  5. Resident Evil: Revelations (Capcom)
  6. Assassin’s Creed 3 (Ubisoft)
  7. Metro: Last Light (Deep Silver)
  8. Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (Nintendo)
  9. Lego batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Warner)
  10. Tomb Raider (Square Enix)

Did you pick up GRID 2 or Fuse? If so let us know what you think below.

1. Templar_Dante

…Fuse..

2. backup

this is wat happens when u leave sony and make multiplats

3. Beta

Neither. I like Insomniac, but it looked far more interesting when it was Overstrike.

4. TheLastDodo

Wow I thought Fuse would at least make the top ten, if only for it’s first week, it actually charted six places lower than Shadows of the Damned.

I haven’t seen adverts on TV for it so I guess it got the same treatment every EA Partners game gets?

Where do Insomniac go from here?

Ratchet seems to be on the decline, Sony are doing the damndest to kill Resistance and now Fuse is a confirmed flop.

5. actuallyisnotafox

tbh i have seen next to non marketing plus its just a third person shooter theyve done bearly anything to promote it being a co-op :/ but this a first for me i mean ive never seen a new game have sales like that ._.

6. fihar

I haven’t tried messing with Grid 2′s multiplayer yet, but I’ve liked what I played so far.

It just doesn’t feel like something that has been in development for more than 3 years.
    For all the talk about waiting to make a worthy sequel to Grid, Grid 2 sadly doesn’t feel like one.

7. Lengendaryboss

Looks like many people reFUSEd to buy Fuse and i can’t blame them: Not only was there no TV Ads (Youtube Ads yes) , not only was there a negative vibe ever since this game was reannounced, not only had Insomniac Games alienated Resistance And R&C Fans by ignoring them now they have nowhere to go EA partners was a one time thing, Sony doesn’t look to take Resistance any further and R&C is not as popular anymore. Insomniac Games have just fallen from grace and become mediocre developers.

8. Francis O

Shitty ass EA game doesn’t deserve to sell. Insomniac….this is what happens when you work with EA. Quality just goes to shit. Look at Dragon Age, Army of Two, Medal of Honor, and Mass Effect….

It’s a shame, Fuse had potential. But overall is just another shitty shooter by published by EA

9. actuallyisnotafox

@7 not to mention ive seen no lets players playing this, it hasnt been on twitch from what i can see, and even getting the game out there like most dev’s do, like to total buscuit or angry joe for reviews, just wasnt done :/

10. Max Payne

Funny, I remember even CoJ: Cartel score number one on first week.Not to mention Dead Island:Riptide…

11. viralshag

@7, When a game launches so under the radar, that usually means it’s being sent out to die.

Less money on ads hopefully means more money from sales. If, by some chance it had been received a little better, you would no doubt see more advertising for it by now.

12. FeaturePreacher

Fuse just wasn’t violent enough in its presentation. The NPC reactions should have shown the flesh getting ripped off instead of just turning into a pile of blood.

13. nikk900

I work in a game shop and we didn’t sell a single copy of FUSE over the launch weekend, most people have no idea what it is. Grid 2 on the other hand was flying off the shelf.

14. Francis O

@12 that’s not the reason why it didn’t sell. The game just sucks ass man. Had nothing to do with turning into blood over flesh getting ripped off. None of that shit happens in Mass Effect or plenty of other shooters…

15. Dragon246

@Francis,
    Will you keep running away when someone shows you how wrong you are? Pretty funny.
    What happened to those Ninty sales figure thing?

16. Sam Clay

Please appreciate that we didn’t go for the headline:

‘Fuse’s fuse burns out’. Or something much better than that – my headline machine has broken today.

17. Lengendaryboss

@Sam
    You could have went with ‘Fuse loses its spark” or “Fuse remains defused in the UK”.

18. SplatteredHouse

Fuse fails to light up UK charts.
    Anyway, what’s most telling to me, is that I’ve seen a number of introductions that describe it as like game X or Y mixed with something else. Nothing in future is likely to be compared to Fuse.

Except Haze 2. That might.

19. Sam Clay

@17 please, take my job :P

20. Dragon246

@Sam,
    Personally, I really like no-nonsense headlines. Internet is full of pompous inflammatory ones, VG247 can avoid that, and does so brilliantly.

Great job guys :)

21. The_Red

I don’t know. I think this game was conFUSEd from the get go.

22. Lengendaryboss

@Sam
    I would love to but i am going to have to reFUSE :D

23. SplatteredHouse

An unusual selection crosses the desk of EA’s Director of Marketing:

24. salarta

I’d be disappointed that FUSE didn’t sell much, but then I didn’t buy it yet either. It seems like an intriguing game in what’s been presented, but I don’t feel like it’s worth rushing out to buy, and that I can wait until the price drops while all these other games I want to play are coming out.