Saint’s Row 4 box-art is mad, very purple

Friday, 31st May 2013 08:32 GMT By Dave Cook

Saint’s Row 4 has received its official box art, ahead of its PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 release from August 20 in the States. It’s just more than a bit odd, and definitely purple.

We’ve got bigger versions below if you want to snoop around its purple innards.

Meanwhile, the Saint’s Row 4: Commander In Chief edition has been detailed. See the goodies here.

Thanks AGB.

1. Kieran

the monster can in the background made me laugh ha

#1 1 year ago
  2. SameeR_Fisher

Publishers should start learning how to make awesome boxarts like this.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Bam007

@2 – while the box art looks cool, it does not define how good a game is or can be. ;p

#3 1 year ago
  4. M. K.

Haha nice! Look at Jonny Gat’s portrait on the left side \o/

One more game added to my backlog. Even if I would be crazy and consider buying XB1, I had to play an awful lot of games before :D

#4 1 year ago
  5. SameeR_Fisher

@3: true, I can’t argue with that, but still most of the boxarts these days are so generic.:D

#5 1 year ago
  6. The_Red

Wow, what do you know? A proper, crazy box art for the Saints Row 4, instead of a crappy and pointless logo / text that Saints Row 3 got (Seriously, WTF was THQ thinking?).

#6 1 year ago
  7. MidlifeAxe

I love it.

#7 1 year ago
  8. pukem0n

mistaken that guy for sylvester stallone ^^

#8 1 year ago
  9. NeoSquall

Johnny Gat portrait, oh the feels.

Also, it seems Kinzie finally stepped up her shit and wants to get into the “real” action :D

I wonder if Viola will still be voiced by Sasha Grey.

#9 1 year ago
  10. TheWulf

I approve of this. The mainstream should worry less about offending and more about making great games. It seems like the mainstream is just so limited in its humour in general because it’s afraid of pissing someone off. I thought it was hilarious being a guy in a partial werewolf suit (the other part of it was a business suit, so it was a werewolf in a suit) taking on hordes of people in parody fursuits.

That’s the thing about Saints Row 3, it made fun of everything and it was so tongue in cheek it was impossible not to love it. You could even pick a zombie voice-set and have absolutely no idea what was going on! Unfortunately a friend did that when we were playing co-op, and we had absolutely nooo clue what we were doing half of the time, and it was brilliant. It’s a fantastic game to play with friends because it’s just fun.

I like the way that Saints Row IV is going, too. The boxart pleases me and their ramping it up to 11 is great. Superheroes is a great step in the right direction. Champions Online for the longest time was my favourite MMO, and it still holds the top spot in my heart for being the strangest, most camp and funny MMO I’ve ever played. If you ever play CO, ignore the Chat tab and click the NPC tab. The NPC dialogue is worth downloading and installing the game alone.

In Champions Online, one can be a steampunk pirate werebear swordsman and that’s fine. It’s a game that really encourages the player to be creative, and I’m getting the feeling that Saints Row is going in that sort of direction, where the amount you put into it defines the amount you’ll get out of it. I’m a very creative person, so I had a blast with CO, SR3, and I’ll likely have fun with this.

It’s nice to occasionally see that the mainstream is making games for creative people. Anyone else feel that way?

#10 1 year ago