Borderlands 2: Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep played with Krieg – videos inside

Wednesday, 29th May 2013 13:10 GMT By Sam Clay

Borderlands 2′s upcoming DLC, Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep was revealed today, along with a hilarious opening cutscene. Here’s plenty more gameplay below to whet your Borderlands 2 appetite.

Part one:

Part two:

To delight fans even more, we thought it would be best for us to play the new DLC with the latest, new, character. Best of both worlds eh?

The content is the final DLC for Borderlands 2, and will be out June 25. It will be free for season pass holders, or $9.99/800 Microsoft Points for those without a pass.

1. SlayerGT

A minute and a half of gameplaying and dead..thats why I quit playing. I guess I just suck. But its not fun to me to die all the time. The first play through is balanced so well. The vault hunter modes just aren’t for me.

2. Hcw87

I had the same experience, but i used 2-3 golden keys for gear and changed my spec into something more survivalistic and breezed through.

Grab some keys here, it’ll help: http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key#Latest_Shift_Codes

3. SlayerGT

@2 I’ve used 25 keys probably. At that’s part of my problem. The fact I have to use keys to find good shit defeats the loot. The difficulty defeats the RPG. So I’m playing for story bits…thats all. And while its better than the original in that regard, its not as good as something that’s fun to me. And since I bought the season pass its all just left a bad taste in my mouth. I played through the main story to lvl 35 or so. I should have passed on the season pass and moved on to a different game before souring it for myself.

4. Cobra951

@1: Don’t feel bad. I’m done with the game for the same reason. They have it set up as an online MMO, and completely ignoring the solo gamer who wants something akin to the first game. Good thing I don’t believe in season’s passes. I have not spent one dime on any DLC.

5. SlayerGT

@4 exactly. A 4 player mmo. Which is fine, I just would have liked to play to 50 and all dlc at the difficulty of the first play through. And wouldn’t you know this is the first ever season pass I’ve ever bought :) and why not? The first game had excellent dlc..live and learn I guess.

6. fearmonkey

The funny thing about Borderlands 2 is that I didn’t really care for the original, and for partially the reason that SlayerGT mentioned.

I tried Borderlands 2 as I had a great deal from a Amazon coupon and special and got the game for really cheap. I am currently level 31 and have only played Solo and I really enjoy it. I have played though the Pirate DLC and liked it, and this one looks to be the best DLC of them all.

I found that Borderlands 2 is just more interesting than the first game, and the plot twist and turns surprised me, there is more depth and stuff going on that I thought.

7. Richenbaum

exact opposite for me. 2 just felt identical to 1, especially with the exact same song playing all the time and the same old generic and simplistic cars that they still never bothered to improve. only difference I saw was even more of the same godawful attempts at dialogue and humor that I hated in the first one. just stopped playing it after a few days and never cared enough to go back.

8. Phoenixblight

I really love this game far more than the original. The layer of story and humor had really improved the series for me both in solo gameplay and Mp. Gearbox selling 6 million for this game is well deserved and it allows them to make another Borderlands which they can really only go up with all the DLC and gameplay of Borderlands 2. I can’t wait for the next iteration.

9. DSB

@8 Couldn’t agree more. They stuck with the core concept and improved pretty much every other aspect.

It runs a bit long for a second playthrough/second character and the grab-and-deliver quest system feels outdated, but that’s all I have against it.

I hope Anthony and Ash Burch will be involved in a lot more games in the future.

10. fearmonkey

If you finish the main mission in Borderlands 2, does the game end or does it allow you to continue without starting over into Vault hunter mode? I am getting near that point and wondered if I need to finish DLC and other missions first before going on with the main mission.

11. Phoenixblight

You can continue to play the game after you beat it, no prob.