Battlefield 4: deluxe edition detailed, contents inside

Friday, 24th May 2013 10:59 GMT By Dave Cook

Battlefield 4 will get a deluxe edition on PS3 and Xbox 360, UK retailer GAME has confirmed. It’s getting a limited run and comes with bonus goodies inside.

Game is currently pre-selling the game at £64.99 on Xbox 360. You can check out the product page here. It’s also coming to PS3 and PC.

The game comes in a steelbook box, and you also get a pair of Battlefield 4 dogtags for your trouble:

It also comes with undisclosed bonus content and the game’s first DLC expansion ‘China Rising’. You can read up on the expansion and see the first art here.

What do you think? Would you buy this? Let us know below.

Thanks OXM.

1. Tech-N9ne

Begin play BF3 for over a year and a half. I expect to do the same with BF4.

Since i plan to get a next gen console at launch, i’m really confused on whether to buy this for current gen or next gen. I expect more players will be playing on current gen than next gen in the beginning at least. Don’t wanna be in half empty games.

I guess a lot of people will end up having to buy a lot of these games twice across current and next gen.

#1 11 months ago
  2. CyberMarco

Seen how EA is being a total douche lately, I’ll probably wait for the Super Mega Elite Premium Edition to be like 20€ or something, that is if EA doesn’t continue the same tactics as usual.

#2 11 months ago
  3. Rouzen

Sorry guys, but i suppose you get it all wrong. Indeed, one of the deluxe edition was priced for 54,99, but it wasn’t the PS3 Deluxe Edition, but PC. Still, I think that almost 20€ of diffrent donence bettween standard and deluxe edition is… meeeeh, I don’t get it :p

#3 11 months ago
  4. ArithonUK

BattleField 4 has the distinction of being the first BattleField title that I won’t be buying.
    They’ve turned the franchise so far from what it was, in order to fit the COD mould, that it isn’t the game it was and not worth playing as a result.

With quotes like “making a single-player game worthy of the franchise” from EA; Single player? In a multi-player only franchise since the beginning? DLC milking, stupid “chase the rabbit with an RPG” achievements instead of following the objectives, dumbing down or removal of all team play features. BF3 was shallow and overpriced and BF4 promises worse.
    Sim City was a red flag to show what is to come from EA. Broken, DRM crippled titles with 60% of the content removed so it can be sold as DLC later.

I’m doing the only thing I can with this kind of “we know what you want, you don’t” attitude from EA/DICE. I’m voting with my wallet.

In BF1942 (back in 2002) I could capture and drive a submarine off Wake Island. I could fly a B52 full of players ANYWHERE I WANTED. I could capture AND MOVE an aircraft carrier and drive it OUT OF SIGHT of land, so the other players had to look for it! BF3 can do none of these things a decade later!! How far the mighty have fallen.

#4 11 months ago
  5. persianmilad

EA’ll get more money from DeluxEdition and after that gonna announce the Premium!(Like what the company did to BF3 -B2K then Premium )….

#5 11 months ago
  6. Andrew C.

This Battlefield franchise is quickly coming to its END with all the money milking techniques, limitations and God knows what other stupid enhancements (player customization, OH COME ON!).

#6 11 months ago
  7. Mjorh

@6 Nah i don’t think so !
    It has such an awesome multiplayer n so many has shifted from COD 2 this game …

#7 11 months ago