FIFA 14: Xbox One & PS4 will support EA Ignite engine, PC won’t

Wednesday, 22nd May 2013 11:36 GMT By Dave Cook

FIFA 14 will support EA Sports’ new Ignite engine on Xbox One and PS4, but PC gamers will miss out on the new tech, the studio has confirmed.

FIFA community manager Rob Hodson clarified the details on Twitter this morning, and it’s not yet clear why PC is losing out on the engine.

If you missed the Xbox One demo of EA Sports’ Ignite engine, you can watch the studio’s tech demos here.

Thanks Eurogamer.

1. Mike W

what kind of fuckery is this?!!!

2. Max Payne

@1 Same fuckery that was at beginning of this gen.

3. CyberMarco

I’m seriously thinking to boycott EA’s games, I’m only interested in Battlefield 4 for PC. But I’m sure as hell that I’m going to buy every single EA game for PS3 used…

4. naffgeek

If you don’t buy a new console we will take our ball home.

EA must make so much more off the console versions.

Reemed the PC again!

Personally my gaming kit of choice is looking more and more like 3DS/Wii U and PC.

Maybe the XOne and PS4 in a year or two, maybe not

5. LTheBlackKnight

So much for the PC Master Race. Lol xD

6. Stardog

@2 Exactly. They used the old PS2 engine for PC until FIFA 11, when we finally got the “next-gen” engine.

It’ll be like this for a few years at least, because EA are assholes. We’ll be stuck with the PS3/360 version untl then.

7. Beta

What bullshit is this EA?

I’m a console guy but this is a load of crap. Have they built a different engine for PC or is this a genuine snub I wonder.

8. viralshag

Because no real ballerz play FIFA and Madden on the PC.

9. SplatteredHouse

For moments such as this, thank goodness for…ALTERNATIVES. Like PES. :) If you want to play football games, that is. I don’t all that often.

10. Llewelyn_MT

Time to move to indie market. That’s sad, but let them have it. Hardly anyone plays FIFA on a PC anyway.

11. KrazyKraut

mh…came here to see what Erthazus has to say, but he was still not here.

12. OwnedWhenStoned

Well, given that pretty much the only game I play on my PS3 is FIFA, this doesn’t bother me. But it’s still a dickmove by a hugely dickish bunch of dicks.

13. Sini

pc is last gen hahahaa EA you dumbshits lol

14. ps3fanboy

ea strikes again… and shits on all gamers.

15. undermyrules

nobody gives a fuck anyway …expect low sales on every EA game especialy fifa 14… Pes 2014 + Fox engine = by by fifa

16. melonbuster1

Lol master race. Lol youve been replaced by cellphones and tablets. . No one in their right minds pays $1000.00 for a video card.. to get the same level of graphics that a $400.00 all in one Xbox one does lol.. what’s the matter no fire in your games lol

17. Samoan Spider

Does anyone play Fifa on the PC? 250k copies of Fifa 13 says not really There’s 8 bit indie games shifting more units than that. I sure as fuck don’t want to waste CPU cycles on it so not a single fuck will be given by me on this.

18. Mjorh

EA ….u son of a bitch!
    @16 Wonderin can u say this shitty stuff about other games too!(graphics aspect)
    @15 Really? PES?! Man Pes gives me the creeps !

19. GwynbleiddiuM

Apparently this is their way of punishing people because of their crap service known as Origin. They force us to use Origin and because many don’t want that headache it is suddenly gamer’s fault and should be punished.

@17 Yeah I do.

20. Samoan Spider

@19 Ok, well that’s one. Need to find the over 249,999 now. This might take a while :D
    My view is a little skewed by not appreciating football in any way, shape or form so I actually skipped this part of the conference.