Battlefield senior product manager jumps ship for Call of Duty team

Friday, 17th May 2013 10:25 GMT By Dave Cook

Battlefield’s UK senior product manager Kevin Flynn has taken up a new role as senior brand manager for the Call of Duty franchise. Yeah it’s a slow news day, bear with us peeps.

MCV reports that Flynn held the Battlefield post for two years before making the switch. Previously he was product manager at EA for three years, and before that he spent eight years as product manager at Vivendi Games.

Presumably he’s now working on Call of Duty: Ghosts. Speaking of which, here’s a gallery of new posters for Infinity Ward’s next shooter.

1. G1GAHURTZ

Gone to the better game, then! (jk. I don’t care…)

I wonder if CoD is still going to be the top game, next gen.

Last gen it was all about beating Halo, but then along came CoD4, this gen.

It’ll be interesting to see if any of these new MMOFPSs can become the next big thing…

#1 1 year ago
  2. TheBlackHole

“Yeah it’s a slow news day, bear with us peeps.”

Is there any need for that? The guy might be chuffed to have been mentioned on VG. Seems harsh to undermine it by suggesting his appointment wasn’t important enough to mention.

If it’s not news worthy, don’t post it. If it is, stand by it.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Lengendaryboss

@1 Just about to say that.
    @2 I wouldn’t take too much offense to what Dave said.

#3 1 year ago
  4. TheBlackHole

@3 I don’t take offense to it, I just feel bad for the young guy who got a promotion.

…wait.

#4 1 year ago
  5. monkeygourmet

Finally woke up and realised he wanted to work on a real man’s game!

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOOO

#5 1 year ago
  6. RocknRolla

@TheBlackHole
    Who the fuck are you to judge? this post was useful to me and many others anyhow..
    Anyway Battlefield is definitely taking over COD maybe slowly but surely that is a guarantee! :) That dude chose wrong time to jump ship! :)

#6 1 year ago
  7. Mjorh

@6 +1 .

@1 How come ?! Nah man !

#7 1 year ago
  8. DrDamn

The man in question is a Brand Manager i.e. PR, marketing etc. Hence the relevance to gamers is minimal and Dave’s comment about slow news day. Simply acknowledging the fact this wouldn’t have got a mention mid E3 for example.

#8 1 year ago
  9. TheBlackHole

@RocknTrolla

“Who the fuck are you to judge? this post was useful to me and many others”

Please refer to the bit where I was suggesting the story was not useful.

Can’t find it? I wonder why that is…

#9 1 year ago
  10. TheBlackHole

I don’t know. I seem to remember a pretty popular community manager at IW that got plenty of coverage on game sites. He was nothing to do with game development, whatever his latter titles suggested.

What ever happened to Bowling anyway?

#10 1 year ago
  11. MidlifeAxe

@2,10

‘If it’s not news worthy, don’t post it. If it is, stand by it.’

Agreed.

Bowling went off and set up his own studio.

#11 1 year ago
  12. ActonPies

I’m the guy. it was definitely a slow news day. there’s no harm done there. i’m sadly not that young. have a lovely weekend.

#12 1 year ago