Wolfenstein: The New Order announced, out in Q4

Tuesday, 7th May 2013 14:03 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Bethesda has announced Wolfenstein: The New Order for PC, PS3, Xbox 360 and next-gen systems during Q4 2013.

The FPS is set during Europe during 1960, in a timeline in which the Nazis won World War 2, and B.J. Blazkowicz is instructed to launch a counter-offensive against the evil doers.

Players will enter Nazi strongholds, battle enemies, control “super weapons” in which the suited foes use to “dominate earth and beyond.”

“We are excited to bring a new chapter of Wolfenstein to gamers everywhere,” said Jens Matthies, creative director at MachineGames in the press release. “As fans of the series, working on this game is an honor, and our team is driven to create an unforgettable action-adventure experience that will make FPS fans proud.”

In development at MachineGames as rumored earlier this year, the studio is made up of former Starbreeze Studios members.

Bethesda teased the announcement earlier today.

Gamespot will have exclusive news of the game posted everyday this week and the announcement trailer is through the link.

1. Max Payne

Will there be update news ?

#1 1 year ago
  2. Night Hunter

Will we at least get the CGI Trailer that has been teased?

#2 1 year ago
  3. Dave Cook

Guys, give Steph a second please. She’s writing the piece as you read this.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Erthazus

As much as I want this game… Plot in Wolfenstein is a slap in the face of the veterans that fought and died in WWII so these developers could live and be happy.

In my opinion this is just not a good thing. They could do a WWII twist again. I know it’s a fantasy, but there is a disrespect.

#4 1 year ago
  5. Moonwalker1982

I’m much more excited about Bethesda Game Studios game.

#5 1 year ago
  6. YoungZer0

#6 1 year ago
  7. Erthazus

@5, Can’t wait for shitty V.A.T.S. system with dialogs for 12 year old and of course epic grind quests where you can be good by just giving one bum a bottle of water few times.

@6, I think they changed the game completely and for Next gen. Just a guess.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Max Payne

I am so glad its also on next gen , can’t stand this gen consoles anymore and their limitation.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Erthazus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=E6opaIl8h8U – trailer.

Music reminds me of Watchmen movie :D

#9 1 year ago
  10. YoungZer0

@7: Naw, to me it sounds like Bethesda is being a gigantic cunt and stands in the way of the games release. Next Gen could be a possibility, but I don’t think they changed it “completely”, especially when the previews of the game already looked so good.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Max Payne

@9 Robots as enemies ? :(
    I want crazy Nazi experiment monsters.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Erthazus

I think robots are just a part of it. I’m sure there will be Nazis retards running around with sci-fi Wunderwaffe. :D LOL

#12 1 year ago
  13. BULArmy

I am little sad that there will be no more zombies and crazy SS monsters.

RtCW is one of my top 5 games and the 2009 game was OK on the SP front, but absolute joke on the MP one, when you are a successor to games that have one of the best MP ever created, played even today, by a small loyal community, you just don’t have the right to do something like that.

If the game don’t have a great MP in the veins of RtCW and Enemy Territory, I will be not buying. Those games along with BF1942, set the standarts in team based class shooters. One with its open world mapes and the other with the close quarter combat.

#13 1 year ago
  14. SplatteredHouse

Nazi Cybermen? I don’t know about this. It’s fictionally feasible, at least. Mechs in Wolfenstein I’m not feeling warm about, but exploring a scenario where the Axis won WW2, with the tone of Wolfy, if well handled, could be interesting.
    Thinking of Mechs/shooter games…reminds me of the sadly lost Tiberium project from EA.

#14 1 year ago
  15. Oynox Slider

No Wolfenstein in Germany, I guess.. :(

#15 1 year ago
  16. YoungZer0

Maybe in Wolfenstein Nein.

#16 1 year ago
  17. Edo

Alternate history,nazi robot army and B.J. Blazkowicz is back?Count me in!

#17 1 year ago
  18. fearmonkey

I love more Wolfenstein but the alternate history thing seems like Raven’s Singularity more than a Wolfenstein game.

I was personally hoping for a dark castle corridor shooter that kept the flavor of the original in some way, this seems completely different.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein is still the best since the original, I was hoping for that style of design to come back along with some of the original flavor. I would rather they kept it in WW2 era with pockets of future of events ala singularity, than be in 1960 the entire time.

I have to give them credit though, the did manage to use Hendrix in the trailer so that’s cool. All along the watchtower is a great track.

#18 1 year ago
  19. 2-K

Oh man that soundtrack!!

#19 1 year ago
  20. DSB

Few things will get you primed for mediocrity like the announcement of a new Wolfenstein game.

#20 1 year ago
  21. rusty_shackleford

WOLFENSTEIN FTW

#21 1 year ago
  22. KillerDD

Might be great, but: Robot army + All along the watchtower = Battlestar Galactica remake! Bad choice in my opinion!

#22 1 year ago
  23. YoungZer0

@20: Indeed. I think I’ve tried every Wolfenstein game there is and never once finished one of them.

#23 1 year ago
  24. cw5th

@ 15:

What?

Why not?

Wolfenstein 2009 was released in Germany. But it was cut, badly…

All the Nazi Symbols where gone, the gore was toned down and they were no longer fighting against Nazis but some wolf-army(just in name of course).

Activision forgot one Nazi Symbol and stopped the sale of the “german cut version”, after that there was no Wolfenstein 2009 anymore… :(

But the cuts where 90% activisions fault. Only the Nazi symbols are banned outside of historical material and schoolbooks. The gore and plot cuts where activision playing it safe. Many publishers(in the past) cut their games to get a lower age rating.

Gears of War 3, God of War 1-3, GTA IV, Dead Space 1 & 2, etc. have no cuts.

I will buy a UK Copy but i think Bethesda will do a better Job than Activision. Then again Bethesda cut Fallout 3 to get a lower age rating…

We will see.

#24 1 year ago
  25. YoungZer0

@24: Ja, zhe schneiderein of zhe german zideogame zersions are nozhing but abzurd. Zhy iz Army of Zwo: Devil’s Cartel cut, but not Dead Space Zwei? You can’t shoot of zheir arms and legs! Zhy did zhey cut zhe point system in Rainbow Sechs Vegas Zwei?

Does anyone, by any chance know a good shop where I can get the Austrian/UK version of a game? If they could be at least consistent with the censorship. I don’t blame the developers for this at all. It’s so messed up that you can’t be sure anymore.

Remember the censored version of Soldier of Fortune 2? Fucking. Robot. People.

#25 1 year ago
  26. Edo

@20 Never played the first one (heard it was an insta classic though)Return To Castle Wolfenstein is still one of the best FPS delivering both a fantastic single player campaign and to date some of the best MP experience and the last one is the only one you could actually call a mediocre game(even though it’s SP portion was still really good).

#26 1 year ago
  27. Osric

I have “The New Order” title registered for one of my audiovisual projects. Teaser you can watch here:

You think I should do something about this subtitle the game is receiving? My registered mark “El Nuevo Orden” which is English for the mentioned set of words. Anyone with knowledge of this kind of stuff can illuminate me a little on how this can affect my production? It tells about nationalism, fanaticism and similar and I really don’t want it to look like I took inspiration from Wolfenstein because NO, DUH.

As VG247 has tons of users I hope somebody knows something about this. Thanks! And, please, feel free to write to me to osric90 at hotmail dot com. Now I’m gonna comment something about that DOAU thing.

#27 1 year ago
  28. Richenbaum

Do something? What, are you going to try to sue the Zenimax corporation? You…understand that you didn’t invent the phrase “The New Order”, right? It’s a pretty common phrase that has been used many many times before (might want to google it…). You don’t own it. If things worked that way there would be hundreds or thousands of people that have used it first that would be coming to sue you first. and I can pretty much guarantee that there is about zero chance that anyone anywhere is going to confuse your youtube movie as having anything to do with this.

#28 1 year ago