PC version of GTA 5 listed by german retailers – rumour

Monday, 6th May 2013 20:11 GMT By Debabrata Nath

A couple of German retail websites have put up a listing regarding the PC version of Grand Theft Auto V, raising hopes that a PC version of the game is in development.

Amazon Germany and GamesOnly have both listed the unannounced PC version of the game.

Moreover, a listing of a special edition for the game was briefly put up by GamesOnly before they promptly took it down. The special edition was said to contain the following in addition to a copy of the game.

• SteelBook with exclusive artwork
  • World map
  • Stunt-planes challenges
  • Online-store concessions
  • Bonus outfits
  • Bonus tattoos
  • Special abilities booster
  • Exclusive weapons

Although the listing’s been removed, a rep from GamesOnly apparently confirmed the existence of such a edition to a member of a GTA fan site known as GTA-extreme.de.

“We can confirm that the content, as it is stated in the item description is correct” read the statement.

Grand Theft Auto V is going to release on September 17 worldwide for PS3 and Xbox 360.

Thanks, Gematsu.

1. YoungZer0

Bonus Tattoos? Sounds like they added more character customization. Could be just multiplayer though.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Hcw87

Ofcourse it’ll come out on PC, but probably months after the console release. If it was going to release the same time as consoles, they would have announced it allready.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Lengendaryboss

Special edition, awesome! But i need to know pricing to see if its within my range.
    @2 GTA was born on PC, i don’t think Rockstar will neglect that although business wise i can see why they would.

#3 1 year ago
  4. The_Red

Good news. While I’ve played last 2-3 GTA games on consoles, I enjoy my fave games in the series on PC (Namely, GTA2 and 3).

#4 1 year ago
  5. monkeygourmet

I’m getting more and more tempted about waiting on this one and getting the inevitable 720 version.

All I want is better frame rate / draw distance and textures. Kotakus preview of the PS3 build sounded pretty poor, with the graphics being a lot worse than the recent trailers.

That or the PC version although it will take me longer to put a rig together.

#5 1 year ago
  6. Phoenixblight

You aren’t going to get better textures. None of the previous versions of GTA on PC have had better textures. Better post processing effects sure but the textures were the same as the console version.

#6 1 year ago
  7. RocknRolla

It does not matter if they listed it for PC if R* said it is not coming to PC than it is not well not yet maybe who knows.. I mean look at Red Dead Redemption never made it to pc :P but GTA eventually does so here me hoping for you PC guys out there I am on Playstation :)

#7 1 year ago
  8. RocknRolla

@6 yes you do get way better textures for PC when compared to a console, I have compared many times with GTA 4 andPC stands out with minimum of 20% better textures..

#8 1 year ago
  9. Phoenixblight

No you don’t its the same textures just going through post process effects to give the illusion of better textures. The current console version doesn’t get all the filters and modes that GPU provide with Vram.

#9 1 year ago
  10. monkeygourmet

Okay, we’ll I’d rather have that.

It sounded like the PS3 version was looking pretty crappy considering its so close to launch. GTA 4 was a bit of a mess on consoles, I think the ageing hardware isn’t doing this type of game any favours.

Just having it run in 1080p with 60fps on 720 / PS4 would be nice.

#10 1 year ago
  11. Phoenixblight

Other sites have said its an improvement gameplay wise but not graphically only the lighting has improved. Can’t expect much with development on 8 year old hardware. I will be also waiting until the PC version comes out.

#11 1 year ago
  12. monkeygourmet

It’s annoying as I’m almost 100% this will come out on 720 / PS4 aswell as PC.

I just think Rockstar don’t want people holding out on buying the 360 / PS3 versions…

#12 1 year ago
  13. SlayerGT

@10 I’m with you monkey. I think a next Gen console version is def in the works.

#13 1 year ago
  14. SlayerGT

@11 I think it has more to do with 720 not being confirmed yet. Be patient.

#14 1 year ago
  15. Phoenixblight

Huh? I wasn’t talking about next gen but the articles about the current console version of GTAV.

#15 1 year ago
  16. Mjorh

The best news of 2013 4 a PC gamer is undoubtedly the confirmation of this awesome game!
    Rockstar please don’t be a pussy n confirm !

#16 1 year ago
  17. SlayerGT

@15 That’s my bad Phoenix, I meant @12 Monkey.

#17 1 year ago
  18. Eddie Rodrigues

@16 I agree. I can get all of the current gen goodies and won’t have to buy a new hardware to appreciate next gen games. This one is a must alongside DaS II

#18 1 year ago
  19. monkeygourmet

I just can’t imagine so much time and cash would have gone into it without the thought of next gen.

I would also imagine Rockstar as one of the studios that MS and Sony would have been courting. Especially for exclusive DLC deals and such.

They would have been well aware of the new on consoles, MS/Sony would have been throwing dev kits at them.

#19 1 year ago
  20. Old MacDonald

Good news about the PC-version. That’s the one I want, now the question is how long I have to wait for it.

I hope the world map comes standard with any version of the game, not just the special editions.

#20 1 year ago
  21. SlayerGT

@19 I think its one of the reasons it got pushed back. I bet we get a next Gen console announcement before a PC one. And I’m betting at MS E3 conference.

#21 1 year ago
  22. xxJPRACERxx

I want to wait for the PC or PS4 version but I just can’t wait to play the game… If it’s only a 2-3 weeks wait like Max Payne 3 I can wait, if it’s longer then I’ll have to buy the game twice.

And the PC version do get better textures, just compare file size, GTA IV and Max Payne 3 on the PC are twice as big than the console version, it’s not just about better filtering.

#22 1 year ago
  23. Phoenixblight

Thats because they don’t need to compress all the files. I have played both version of Max Payne and GTA. I have also gone into the guts of the games and the size of the texture files are still using downsampled texture files that of which console version uses.

#23 1 year ago
  24. BLD

@3 GTA initially was in development for DOS(during 1995-96) but then released for both windows and playstation at the same time in 1997 (previously in europe, ’98 N.A.) and then ported to game boy color(1999). We can’t really say he was born for PC.(gta2 also was released both on PC and playstation at the same time and later ported to dreamcast and GBC)

To be honest many(many) sources say that the first development was for sega saturn(maybe alongside DOS ver.), but then dropped due to the rapid decline of the console…

#24 1 year ago
  25. Max Payne

@24 Well similar how Splinter cell was born on original xbox and PC, Gta was born on pc and ps2.

#25 1 year ago