Diablo 3 PS3 pre-orders open, bonuses available

Monday, 29th April 2013 22:31 GMT By Brenna Hillier

If you’ve already made up your mind to pick up Diablo 3 when it makes its console debut later this year, you can score bonus items by slapping a pre-order down.

Blizzard dropped us a line to let us know that select retailers around the world have opened pre-orders for the dungeon crawler, although a releases date has not been set.

All pre-orders will net an in-game item, the Infernal Helm, which gives an XP point boost to any character.

According to Blizzard, some retailers will also be offering other bonuses, but it didn’t give any information beyond noting that these will include limited edition physical goods.

The developer took the time to list the console port’s features; updates to boss battles; a new control system and UI tailored for consoles; a dynamic camera; and four-player local and online co-op.

“We’ve poured blood, sweat, and hellfire into creating an epic Diablo 3 experience for PlayStation gamers,” CEO Mike Morhaime said.

Diablo 3 hit PC and Mac in May 2012 – almost a full year ago now – and despite massive teething troubles broke records to become the fastest-selling PC game ever. It eventually totted up 12 million sales.

1. polygem

this is all cool and all and i think i will get it for the ps3…but damn i wish it would be on the vita…maybe warriors lair will do the trick?

#1 1 year ago
  2. taylorlauder

For me, I would even want to play D1 and D2 on a smartphone or tablet!

#2 1 year ago
  3. OmegaSlayer

Can’t wait.

#3 1 year ago
  4. orakaa

Always-online on PC is what turned me off (and I also generally prefer to play with a pad, except for FPS).

That’s why I’m interested in getting Diablo III for Playstation (as there’s no connection required and the gameplay has been adapted to a pad). The thing is, I don’t know if I’d get it for PS3 or PS4 (the PS3 videos didn’t look that great, graphic-wise)

#4 1 year ago
  5. OlderGamer

“yah, it may not worked out well for PC but having it on a console is an entirely different experience.”

12 million copies sold on PC isn’t exactly “not working out well”. I doubt it sells 12 Million on PS3. Maybe tho.

I also have same question as orakaa Do I buy for PS3 or wait for PS4? Yes I also own it for PC. But I want to pad and the offline focus.

#5 1 year ago