Torment: Tides of Numenera video shows lighting test using Unity

Tuesday, 2nd April 2013 16:21 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The Torment: Tides of Numenera Kickstarter page has been updated with a video, which shows a 3D character on pre-rendered 2D background. It’s basically a technology test using Unity, and is of the screenshots released yesterday. With three days to go, the Kickstarter has hit $3,336,869 thanks to 61,056 backers. If you want Chris Avellone on board, you better start tossing some money at it.

1. No_PUDding

Uh huh… 2D.

Glad I didn’t get involved in this one.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Tavarish

@1 Welcome to old school gaming :) 2D background with proper 3D characters sounds interesting and nice to me.

#2 1 year ago
  3. YoungZer0

Looks actually much better than on the screenshot. Still missing a few highlights, but I guess with that lighting it won’t be a problem.

I withdraw most of my criticism from yesterday.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Sylrissa

Looks good imo, this is exactly what I was hoping for when I backed this.

#4 1 year ago
  5. deathm00n

@1 LOLWUT?

#5 1 year ago
  6. KernelPanic

Looks good! I can’t wait to get this game and I’m happy that Shroud of the Avatar is using Unity as well!

#6 1 year ago
  7. No_PUDding

I loved Baldur’s Gate, but when I played Morrowind there was no going back.

3D is it for RPG’s, otherwise I’m out.

No offense to anyone.

#7 1 year ago
  8. Sylrissa

@7 No offence taken, it’s just different for me, I enjoyed Morrowwind and 3D RPG’s like it, but personally for me, nothing beats a good old RPG in this style.

#8 1 year ago
  9. YoungZer0

Well, depends. After replaying the first Torment, I can’t help but think that the universe so fantastic that it might actually be better in 3d.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Sylrissa

@9 Naturally it depends not only on the game, but also on the individual, and I would never presume to speak for anyone but myself :)

#10 1 year ago