Finally: Vice City Stories and Liberty City Stories to PSN next week

Friday, 29th March 2013 21:10 GMT By Phil Owen

IF you’re one of those people who are still investing in PS3 digital downloads you won’t be able to play on the PS4 (like all of us), then you will be happy to know that the PS2 versions of Grand Theft Auto portable entries Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories will be available for digital purchase next week in North America and Europe for $9.99 / €9.99 / £7.99. Roll Tide.

1. Clupula

Hmmmm…never played either of these… Maybe…

2. Lengendaryboss

Yay :)
    @1 You should definitely look into it best portable GTAs ever.

3. YoungZer0

If they are anything like the PS2 Ports: Stay the fuck awahhaya.

4. Eddie Rodrigues

Why not PSP versions? WHY?

5. YoungZer0

Because it’s the same game?

6. Eddie Rodrigues

@5 No,
    PSP Version: I can play on Vita
    PS2 version: I play on a PS3

Get it now?

7. stevenhiggster

#6 Umm, the PSP versions are already available on the store, I was playing Vice City Stories on my Vita just the other day!

8. Clupula

God, people into portables are so annoying sometimes. It’s like all the little morons who ask for a Vita version of everything on the Playstation Blog.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Dragon246

@Eddie,
    Its available for Vita for a long time now.

@Clupula,
    What’s annoying about that? People with Vitas want games, same as people with any other console, what’s wrong with that?

#9 1 year ago
  10. Clupula

@9 – Go to the Playstation Blog and count the number of “Why isn’t this on Vita” comments on articles for stuff that is PS3 related. EVERY. SINGLE. GAME. There were about 60 people all bitching like that on the Resident Evil: Revelations thread alone. It’s annoying. It’s just like how if you go on some websites and people think every console game should be on the Wii U.

I sure would love to be able to play the Witcher 2, but if I want to play it, I’ll either get a 360 or PC. I don’t spam every single Witcher thread with, “Where is the PS3 version of Witcher 2?” It’s like having a particularly annoying child behind you who keeps calling your name fifty times and then when you turn around and yell, “What?” They just say, “Hi.”

#10 1 year ago
  11. Lengendaryboss

@10 Granted it can get annoying but they are just letting their voice be heard, it lets a developer/publisher know there is demand for a game on a certain platform.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Dragon246

@Clupula,
    I read few comments at Blog, but listening to devs, people voicing their opinions their is a very big factor why many games arrive on Vita, devs have acknowledged that, so its ps fans voicing their opinions. Whats bad with that?
    Really man, what’s the difference? You were saying that you are annoyed that Muramasa isn’t on PS3, isn’t that the same thing? I buy a game on Vita if its available on both, and from what I have read, the readers ask for what they want pretty respectfully, so I have absolutely no problem with that.
    As Gandhi said- You don’t ask, you don’t get.

#12 1 year ago
  13. Clupula

@12 – Do you see me on every Muramasa thread spamming it with requests? That’s the difference. I may say it once. And that’s it. No need to be annoying about it.

#13 1 year ago
  14. Dragon246

@Clupula,
    They also ask once, but for all indie games. And its great since many devs take that as a sign that Vita version will be profitable. Its only because of this that many games like Rainbow Moon etc. are coming to Vita. I don’t think anyone should have a problem with that.

#14 1 year ago
  15. Clupula

60 comments is not asking once. I had to go to the second page to finally hear from the people who were actually getting the game.

#15 1 year ago
  16. Dragon246

@15,
    Well, those are 60 different people now aren’t they? And Sony mods are more than happy to let people ask this, they even promote this. I really salute these people, they ask devs on their Facebook, Twitter and other locations to bring games on Vita, and devs are pretty happy about this.
    Going to 2nd page to read comments is a small but worthwhile tradeoff, don’t you think? Millions of Vita owners are getting games because of that. And they only ask through official sources politely.

#16 1 year ago
  17. Eddie Rodrigues

@7 and @9 Oh god why my blind eyes deceived me once again?

@Clupula, shut up and enjoy your consoles while I enjoy portable consoles

#17 1 year ago