Batman: Arkham Origins releasing on PS4, Xbox 720 this year – rumour

Thursday, 28th March 2013 13:50 GMT By Dave Cook

Batman: Arkham Origins is the next game from Rocksteady Studios, according to a new source.

French site Gameblog claims it has been told by a trusted source that Batman: Arkham Origins will launch this year, and will be revealed at this year’s E3 in June. It is said to launch on PS4 and Xbox 720.

Last month we saw the Batman Arkham City Facebook hub undergo an interesting change, Warner Bros. confirmed a new Batman game’s release this year during its last investor call, and it’s said to be a prequel set in the Silver Age.

Thanks Pixel Enemy.

1. Meeea

I don’t think it’s a very good source…

#1 1 year ago
  2. Bill_E_Talent

So Rocksteady IS doing the next Arkham game? That would be great news if it was more than just a rumour.

#2 1 year ago
  3. salarta

As said before, I’ll be interested if the real Harley Quinn is back in the game, otherwise I’ll be skipping as per usual.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Takeshi

@1: Because Silver Age was very campy?

I’d be very interested in an origin game per Rocksteady’s usual Batman vision. I somehow hope they won’t bring the Joker back. I mean, he’s already been the main or at least partial main focus of the first two games. I’d like to see someone else occupy the space left by The Joker and Hugo Strange. But this back to the beginnings does make me think it’s because of Arkham City’s ending. Because they do want to feature the Joker.

But.. Launch this year? I could understand it being revealed this year, but for them to think it’s going to be released this year makes this rumour hard to believe.

#4 1 year ago
  5. SplatteredHouse

There was talk on the Infinite Crisis boards, that Warner had acquired the rights to 60′s Batman TV series…Here are some links I found:

http://www.tvrage.com/news/1103/warner-bros-wins-merchandising-rights-to-60-s-batman-tv-series-will-we-finally-get-a-dvd-release-updated <—Last year, a report on the rights announcement.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?itemid=19851 <— Here is a report from January ('13) listing all kinds of merchandising around the property.

“The line is two years in the making and marks the first major merchandising push by DC, owned by Warner Bros., involving that particular Bat-world.”
    Continuing the theme, the day after the event, DC announced a new comic called Batman ’66.

BAM! ZOK! POW…etc ;)

#5 1 year ago
  6. Edo

I hoped for a sequel not a prequel,hopefully we will find soon enough if this is true.

#6 1 year ago
  7. The_Red

This is nice I would have loved it if they had gone to the future via Batman Beyond instead of the past with silver age. Imagine Batman: Beyond Arkham! Ok, I’m going now…

#7 1 year ago
  8. Gadzooks!

Voiced by Adam West please!!!!!

Nobody messes with Adam We!

#8 1 year ago
  9. Dave Cook

@9 “And I’m a man who loves taffy.”

#9 1 year ago
  10. Gadzooks!

:D

#10 1 year ago
  11. Fin

Ohhh, that’d be good!

#11 1 year ago
  12. Mjorh

Batman Arkham City in my opinion was the best game of 2011 , and one the best open-world games ever ,that’d be awesome having another magnificent game in this popular genre !

#12 1 year ago
  13. Djoenz

I loved the game dont get me wrong but I felt the game wasnt that openworld at all or at least to me it didn’t feel that way.

#13 1 year ago
  14. povu

Are you sure it’s Rocksteady who’s making it? I’m pretty sure they said at some point that a different studio is working on this one.

Which makes me really sad.

#14 1 year ago
  15. SplatteredHouse

“VG247 own sources confirm that Rocksteady Studios is not developing this particular game. This could nod to the rumoured ‘Silver Age’ Batman prequel that was touted last year.” http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/12/new-batman-arkham-due-in-2013-warner-financials-suggest-rumour/

mentioned ‘Silver Age’ story: http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/03/batman-arkham-city-wont-return-for-silver-age-prequel-rumour/

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2013/03/dc-to-launch-digital-first-batman-comic-based-on-classic-tv-show/ <–Art examples from Batman '66.

WHATEVER WB CFO John K. Martin referred to as "the next release in the Batman Arkham franchise." Which he stated was due this year, in a recent earnings call…I am not ready to dismiss the Arkham prequel suggestion, just yet.

#15 1 year ago
  16. Mjorh

i know what ur sayin’ n its becouse of ur perspective , no offence but ur expecting an open-world game 2 be like GTA or Saint row series which doesn’t makes sense at all , we call a game open-world if its got a city which u can explore it n do some side missions n stuff , however i respect ur perspective n definition.

#16 1 year ago
  17. Vice

Fuck prequels of any kind.. I wanna know what happened next ffs… Also where’s PC….

#17 1 year ago
  18. buyme218

input this URL:

( h t t p : // w w w . b u y 2 m e . u s / )

you can find many cheap and high stuff

WE ACCEPT CREDIT CARD PAYMENT

YOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!!

#18 1 year ago
  19. BrutalZen

@1 You are probably right. Can’t see this being more than an attempt at an April Fools Prank.

But would be nice if it was true ^_^

#19 1 year ago