GTA 5: new screens show sky-diving, mini-guns & more

Wednesday, 27th March 2013 13:13 GMT By Dave Cook

GTA 5 has received a new batch of screens courtesy of Rockstar North. The pics show mini-guns, sky-diving, deep sea exploration, and much more. It’s looking rather lovely.

The shots were posted on Rockstar’s Newswire today. No other details were given. Classic Rockstar.

GTA 5 is out in September on PS3 and Xbox 360.

1. El_MUERkO

Lovely shots but some of them have to be from an unannounced PC or Next Gen version. Either that or their engine has been optimised massively.

2. mistermogul

Can’t freakin wait for this. I just hope it’s got more ‘soul’ than GTA4…

3. adge_uk

There’s no way those screenshots are from the Commodore 64 version!

4. Dave Cook

@3 nah of course not, don’t be silly.

This is the Barcode Battler version.

5. SlayerGT

@1 I’m betting that was the reason for the release delay. I think they are porting to next gen and working on the pc version and want all versions to launch very close to one another. Rather than the usual staggered console /pc releases.

6. DuckOfDestiny

@1 Most screenshots tend to be enhanced to make them look as impressive as possible.

Still, it looks fucking gorgeous and it’s really getting me hyped to play it. Not been this excited for a game in a long time.

7. dex3108

Atmosphere is really good but graphic is really bad. I don’t care about graphic but this is pretty bad for 2013 game.

8. DrDamn

Through the link you can click on them and get bigger versions. All of them have some aliasing or low quality textures evident, so I’d guess that it was PS3. Maybe some post processing in PS. They are all 720p too which would back that up somewhat.

9. SlayerGT

I hope can have control of the chopper spot lights for mp fun :)

10. Mjorh

Awesome!

GTA 5 is out in September on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

Confirmed 4 PC?!

11. Moonwalker1982

Big error in this article, it hasn’t been confirmed for PC at all.

I don’t believe the game will look exactly like this on console. I think the AA will be a bit worse but apart from that i bet it will be the same. Looks awesome. I love the colourful and vibrant look of GTA V. Man i cannot wait for this sucker!

12. loki

That noobs write news for VG247? GTA4 hasn’t been confirmed for PC

13. Samoan Spider

Journalistic optimism never hurt anyone :P

14. LordSkyline

Or Dave knows more than we do ;P

15. xxJPRACERxx

Of course it will come out for PC, it’s R* North. But probably later… :(

16. Lengendaryboss

Can’t wait to get GTA V on my PS3 and have i been in a coma, since when was GTA V ever announced for PC last i heard it was “up for consideration” including Wii U.

17. killersense

hey loki
    gta4 has been out for pc for awhile :). but yes gta5 has not been confirmed . i am almost positive they delayed to make next gen versions. we will see.

18. Hcw87

So how can a game look like this and be bigger than GTA SA+GTAIV+Red Dead Redemption combined, be out on current gen consoles? It’s fishy.

Oh, and @7 really lack a brain. It’s a huge open world game dumbass.

19. theevilaires

This game looks like it cost a shit ton of money to make. Its going to be on PC. It was made on a PC for crying out loud then trickled down on consoles. Expect a Wii U version too.

20. kingofscotland

By the time it comes out it may only be a month or 2 before PS4 so can’t see myself buying this on PS3, fingers crossed for PS4 version

21. UuBuU

@7 ~ agreed. Compared with other open world games on the PC which have been modded ~ like gta 4 and skyrim ~ the graphics are mediocre at best.

This is a console game though ~ wait and see what the PC version looks like with mods a year or so after release.

22. theevilaires

Kingofscotland I’m with you. I so hope they will announce a PS4 version at E3.

23. Tr0n

Wait, when was PC confirmed? Did I miss something?

24. Lengendaryboss

@23 It never was, just a mistake unless Dave here has inside agents within Rockstar :) On a serious note the PC and Wii U Versions are “up for consideration “.

25. js779

Disclaimer! Rant incoming. ;) I think game publishers/developers have to stop bullshitting consumers! – And right now! I know it has always been a game of showing all the bling bling, but that’s not an excuse. If you show High-End-PC-Tech just say it. Rockstar just put a PC-sticker in the bottom right corner of those screens or tell us they are processed.

Nobody has anything against showing a game in the best way possible, but just be honest about what is shown in screenshots or videos. Far Cry 3, Battlefield 3, Crysis 3, Assassin’s Creed 3, Bioshock Infinite – lots of “3s” there, which have all just been shown in glorious ultra-high-fidelity only a well equipped PC can handle before release. But no mention about it, plus hiding the fact through console-style on-screen-prompts. – Some people still will fall for those, yeah I know. – And now the same shit with GTA V, without even committing to a PC-Version. This is hilarious.

It’s not a fair treatment for consumers. And it’s unnecessary, because all it takes to end this farce is to be clear about what you are showing in public. – And while I’m at it: I game on PC and PS3 and am content with both platforms. But it’s really sad that the PC was neglected so much in the passed years, and now suddenly most journalist seem to hail the windows-environment + steam as the perfect gaming-system (I work in the IT-sector and have some doubts there, but nevermind) . Well, guess what? If you think so, it has been exactly that for at least the last 5 years. PC-Versions were always much higher resolution and better performing (given powerful enough hardware, which is always the case, even RIGHT NOW) than the console counterparts – but nobody cared. – Maybe the whole gaming community would be better off just relaxing and trying to focus on a bit more honesty and self esteem.

Which leads me back to my original point. Publishers/Developers just tell and show your paying costumers the real deal! Let them see what they can expect from their purchase, be it PC- or any console-version, up front and don’t hype everything out of proportion! And to game journalist I say: Hopefully you will brag about the PC-versions as much as you do right now going into the future! (Because they will be better) If you should have forgotten about the PC again in let’s say 12 month or so, it would just make you look very shortsighted again – or just like a collective hive of free runners. ;)

Gamers, well everybody, should be able to enjoy and root for the gaming platform they prefer and this starts with informing the consumer in a correct, not “blown out of proportion” way. /rant over

26. OwnedWhenStoned

Good rant. And spot on.

27. DrDamn

Some good points, but these shots are clearly not from a PC version.

28. B.E.S.O

Enough with the shots already, maybe we need some gameplay videos!

29. Eddie Rodrigues

This game will sell so freaking much

30. Moonwalker1982

@28 nope we don’t. They’ve never done this for GTA games and i hope they won’t start with it now. Rockstar has said that they don’t want to spoil a whole lot of things about this game, and actually showing gameplay would spoil it if you ask me. A new GTA for me is always something special, i want to see the first minutes of that game on my own screen and not in a video. Sure nobody forces me to watch the video,but it’s gonna be hard to resist when i hear everyone talking about it.

I say….keep it with the trailers like the first two, some screenshots, previews, artwork and done.

31. NightCrawler1970

OOOHHHH SHIIIITTTT a stand off agains cops with a chain-gun…

GET SOME BODY-BAGS FOLKS, IT GONNA BE COP-STACKING TIME!!
    YEEEEHAAWWWW!!!!!

32. RocknRolla

I just don´t think that they will release GTA 5 in sept, i think it is going to be delayed a couple of months.. again, like with GTA 4, I think they said Sept release just to get us off their backs :( I really do hope that they release this on september 17-th though, just can´t wait anymore :(