Shadowrun Returns video contains Alpha gameplay footage

Friday, 8th March 2013 14:48 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Harebrained Schemes has released Alpha footage of Shadowrun Returns, which contains a narrated walkthrough of the 2D turn-based RPG. The  fully funded Kickstarter was originally set for a January 2013 release, but has been delayed into early summer for PC, iOS and Android.

1. Tronros

This game is looking great! Can’t wait for this game to release because I need something to entertain me soon after I dabble with The Banner Saga and continue XCOM.

2. Erthazus

this is what XCOM supposed to look like. Looks FANTASTIC.

3. Neuromancer

DO WANT !!

4. Gnosis

Omg! OmgOmgOmgOmgOmgOmg! This is SO Shadowrun! My Hype-o-meter is about to explode.

5. Night Hunter

If not even 2 Million gets you this Project: Eternity is going to be fucking awesome!

Footage looks great, I might just pre-order it.

6. Gheritt White

So glad I backed this, feeling rather vindicated right now.

7. YoungZer0

This looks fantastic.

8. hives

I just… Can’t… This and shortly after – Wasteland 2. Goodbye, world.

I know some there are some concerns with Kickstarter and crowd-funding, but I just cannot complain, I’m so glad Double Fine started all this by launching campaign for Double Fine Adventure. Now we’re getting so many awesome titles we just would not get without crowd-funding… I’m happy. Just happy.

9. Tronros

I am just hoping that Shadowrun will rely less on R.N.Gesus compared to XCOM :P Gotta love missing a 99% chance to hit because That’s XCOM, Baby!

10. livewired500

I can’t wait for this.

11. The_Red

Quick! Hide it before MS sees this and tries to make another arena base FPS while also killing its devs.

12. rusty_shackleford

This game looks so good, I miss isometric RPGs, 3D took every rpg and made it into an action-adventure game, I miss strategy and tactical combat.

This game reminds me of baldurs’ gate, fallout 1 and 2, the original xcom, and all those awesome rpgs of the 90s, but with a modern clean look.