Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag screens show Blackbeard, sword kills and jungle stealth

Thursday, 7th March 2013 11:12 GMT By Dave Cook

Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag has received a new batch of screens and concept art, revealing more of its dense, island jungles and Edward Kenway’s cutlass kills.

We’ve got even more Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag screens here. Check them out.

Thanks OXM.

1. hives

This flag with Assassin’s sign and skull is so silly :X

2. Sadismek

@1 I think it’s fine. Blackbeard’s flag looked like this, and was considered “fearsome” at that time :D.

3. SameeR_Fisher

Here is the thing, this is not an AC, the series is going further and further from track, did they forget The Creed ?!

- Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent.

- Hide in plain sight.

- Never compromise the Brotherhood.

So sad to see AC not taking after it’s true form ACI.

4. MadFingerz

@1Don’t let One Piece fool you, most pirate flags were lame looking back then lol

@3 I’m playing Revelations now and the similarities with the previous games are too much, it’s almost like playing the same thing over and over. I hope this game will be the breeze of fresh air this franchise needs.

5. SameeR_Fisher

@4: hence why the series needed a break, not this.

This isn’t the fresh air the franchise needs, the franchise needs to take a break, focus on stealth, and then return as a Creed Game, not as Pirates of the Caribbean game.

6. MadFingerz

^Just meant that I’m tired of playing almost the same game and if BF is different enough from the past games then it might be interesting.

Yes, they need more time to build a completely new experience but going back to stealth isn’t enough. They would need to change many mechanics for it to be interesting, because let’s face it, AC as a stealth game isn’t the most sophisticated thing ever, not by a long mile.

7. SameeR_Fisher

^^ yup, cause the concept was abandoned with AC1, AC2 and going forward introduced more and more action, and keep focusing on grand battles.

I know where you are coming from, but to me AC was so promising and it sadden me how it is falling apart now, Naval Battles were amazing in ACIII, but I would never give them 40% of the whole game like BF, it doesn’t feel AC anymore, they are focusing on battles and combat -4 guns & 2 Swords — this is crazy- instead of focusing on stealth and discretion.

I would have loved it if it was set in Japan -with Ninjas or something-, I may have loved it more if they took a break this year, and gave us 3 more DLCs to focus on Connor after ACIII events.

8. joshua nash

@5 ubisoft will never take a break no matter how much the fans want them to, AC is their CASHCOW and they are going by activisions playbook which states “if you have a game franchise that makes loads of money milk that fucker for all its worth, with yearly releases, adding in shitty MP, and DLC etc.”

now in a perfect world ubi would realize that the reason why AC2 was so good was because they took there time with it and put out a quality product, but this ain’t a perfect world, now i agree that ubi should have taken a break and gone on to do something else imo they could finish up that story they started in the 2008 PoP game

finally here are my hopes for the game:
    1)puts an end to the modern day story line, its boring,stupid and quite frankly not the reason most fans play the games

2)is a game that i want to play multiple times over, AC1&2 i playboth of them like 6-7 times, where as brotherhood – AC3 i’ve only play once

3)Edward kenway better be a badass and not like his grandson Conor a whiny bratt

4)actually does what ubi has been saying, and that they aren’t doing a “molyneux” ala fable (loads of hype, no real pay off)

9. SameeR_Fisher

#9: Sad truth, guess AC will keeping going on year after year after year, diluted more every year, and a Reboot or something for Prince of Persia this year would have been far better IMO.

Though I got to say we disagree on a few things, I don’t want an Ezio-Clone, Connor was much better of a character, I loved him and loved ACIII more than any other AC game.

I also want The Modern Part to remain, I didn’t feel I was Altier, Ezio, or Connor, I was always Desmond, that’s what mattered, I experienced the memories through him, it was cool, but still the true potential of modern times are yet untapped, ACIII scratched the surface, and wasn’t that good either.

10. The Last Nomad

@3 Ubisoft are trying to convey that he is a pirate firstly, trained by assassin’s, maybe not part of the creed itself (maybe that’s a choice in game??). So while he’s trained to use the hidden blade and to be a stealthy bastard he may not follow the creeds tennents.

And they seem to be bringing back stealth a bit better than before too. I think this could be one of the best assassins creed’s yet.

11. SameeR_Fisher

@12: well I think that goes against what The Brotherhood should be doing, training someone to be an Assassin, then letting him go to wreck havoc, Altier paid for breaking The Creed remember ?!, and Altier was the son of Assassin’s, think what would the Brotherhood do to an outsider breaking the rules.

As for Stealth, one can remain hopeful, we shall wait and see.

12. nklh4x0r

I hope they removed the stupid ballerina spin throat slit kill.

13. joshua nash

@11 hey i know that the modern day story line is a part of the series its just that to me ubisoft is seriously mis-handling that part of the game, that is why i said that they should put an end to it cause if they aren’t going to make that part of the game as compelling and fun to play as the historical side then why have it all, now i don’t want a ezio-clone either and i liked Conor but sometimes he came off as a whinny bratt

14. No_PUDding

Yeah I’m getting a PS4….

15. Gekidami

Having the symbol of a super secret brotherhood of assassins that has been fighting for the freedom of humanity and hunting for the artefacts of an advanced ancient civilisation since the dawn of time is pretty dumb. What does Edward do if someone asks him what that thing around the skull represents? Does he just tell them to shut up, or murders them?

Its pretty clear that the assassins have no real structure in AC3. Connor pretty much just does whatever the fuck he wants and it just coincidently suits the assassins as a whole.

16. SameeR_Fisher

@17: Agree, if you read my other posts you would see how I said I wanted more of Connor, Connor driving force in ACIII was personal, he was fighting for his people -which also distracted from The Creed & The Brotherhood- but after ACIII was done, Connor had the chance to rebuild The Brotherhood that has fallen, he had experience, he had knowledge, and it was time to rebuild.

Also keep in mind that Achilles disagreed with Connor on more than one occasions, cause Connor was still young, and surprisingly wasn’t taught The Creed, so after ACIII he should have started gaining knowledge on how The Brotherhood is actually functioning.

========================================================================

@15: Totally agree on that.