Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag campaign will be 40% naval missions

Tuesday, 5th March 2013 13:07 GMT By Dave Cook

Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag has received an internal Q&A at Ubisoft, which has since spilled out onto the internet like the booze-soaked guts of some assassinated pirate. The fact sheet states that 40% of the game’s campaign missions will take place at sea.

PC Gamer reports the document states, “Mission wise, land missions will represent approximately 60% of the game and naval ones 40%. But if you take the global experience that players will leave with ACIVBF we’re more talking about 50-50.” The quote is attributed to creative director Jean Guesdon.

We already know that side-quests will take place at sea as well, such as diving underwater in search of treasure chests and of course hunting whales, which has got animal rights group PETA massively disappointed today.

What do you think in the game’s shift in focus from land to sea? Would you prefer more missions on terra firma, or is the change refreshing? Let us know below.

1. Grey Wolf

Too much I think…

#1 1 year ago
  2. MadFingerz

Well I haven’t played AC3 yet but I would say the change is refreshing. We’ll just have to wait and see how it turns out. I have to admit that since watching Pirates of the Caribbean for the 1st time all those years ago, I’ve been craving for a true pirate adventure game so Black Flag might turn out being my fave AC’s game.

But I’m also part of the group that would like a very stealthy Japan/ninja themed game, just not sure if the AC team would make it the way I want.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Gheritt White

Screw Japan and ninjas, AC isn’t Tenchu. I’d much rather see Revolutionary Paris and Victorian London, as both would fit in with the series’ themes ridiculously well.

#3 1 year ago
  4. Gnosis

I can see where they’re coming from. Many ppl said, that the battles were a lot of fun and they added something new to relatively monotone gameplay. But… 40% seems a bit too much. I get the feeling, that they’re making the same mistake again: “Ppl like that?! Let’s give them TONS of this shit!”

#4 1 year ago
  5. Max Payne

I hope other half is about assassinating people -_-

#5 1 year ago
  6. kezwar

My interest just took a massive nose-dive.

#6 1 year ago
  7. MadFingerz

@5 Lol, yeah that would be nice.

@3 “Screw Japan and ninjas, AC isn’t Tenchu”
    That’s why I said “not sure if the AC team would make it the way I want”. I fricking loved the first Tenchu btw but would also like a ninja game that isn’t so level-based but more open world or at least have much larger levels. So I guess what I’m saying is that the AC team (read Ubi Montreal) might pull something like that off but not as a AC game, more like a new IP, same way as Watching Dogs is also from them and open world but not AC related.

#7 1 year ago
  8. xBASSxMONSTAx

And 60% bullshit. :D

#8 1 year ago
  9. OmegaSlayer

Was scrolling down quickly the home page and read “Assassin’s Creed 4 will be 40% anal missions” and I was like O_________O WHAADDAFAKK?!!!

#9 1 year ago
  10. anik_lc

Great to hear that. :D

#10 1 year ago
  11. nklh4x0r

I’m just gonna finish the starting missions, then I’m gonna be killin’ 5 days in a row, keep the game there while playin’ something else, next day I’m doing a games cleanup and decide to delete the AC4 like all other AC games. Done

#11 1 year ago
  12. pukem0n

holy shit that sounds boring

#12 1 year ago
  13. 0ldsnake1

40% ????? no thank you that’s just to much !!!

#13 1 year ago
  14. Sylrissa

This sounds promising to me, bring on the piracy and pillaging.

#14 1 year ago