Beyond: Two Souls releases in October, stars Willem Dafoe

Friday, 1st March 2013 16:13 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Looks like Willem Dafoe will be in Beyond: Two Souls after all. Proof is in the pudding below.

Back in July, Quantic Dreams’ David Cage was asked about the Dafoe rumor at Comic-Con by Joystiq, to which he shook his head and said: “Nice try.”

So, while not a denial, per se, it was generally assumed at the time the answer was “no”.

Dafoe will take on the role of Nathan Dawkins, a government scientist working with Jodie, played by Ellen Page, to analyze her strange powers.

Below is a gameplay trailer showing an early scene from the game in which the two characters meet for the first time. There is also a video with Dafoe discussing his role in the game.

Beyond: Two Souls will release on PS3 October 8, and the US PS Blog has information on GameStop pre-order incentives for the US and Canada through here. You get upgraded to the Special Edition at no cost when you pre-order.

1. foxmulder555

defoe,class act all the way! this should be a cracker with him in it .Really sweet seeing this type of talent attracted to this medium

2. HauntaVirus

Wow, looking stellar!

3. TD_Monstrous69

This was already on my must buy list for this year, this just got me more excited for the fall. I mean, GTA and this a month apart from one another? Just awesome. I like games taking risks with experiments like this. I really hope turns out to be a success.

4. Moonwalker1982

Heavy Rain was one hell of an emotional rollercoaster, so to speak. That game truly could alter moods, i know it did for me. I’m willing to bet this one will do that too.

5. Erthazus

“taking risks”

I’m not sure that you can call it like that. It’s a game David Cage done before. It’s Adventure/Quest genre and they succeed with Heavy Rain in sales so I bet this one will do good too.

My body is ready.

6. MadFingerz

Never gets old

You have to admire some actors’ passion for their job, having all those dots on yer face doesn’t look comfortable :P

7. larzarus

October? Wasn’t this supposed to be released in May?!

8. Beta

Awesome stuff!

9. SyNx153

WOWWWW

10. manamana

Cage is an asscramp. That beeing said, I can’t wait to play this. People! it’s William Dafoe and Ellen Page! Dafoe, Page and Cage! Fuck.Me!

11. CyberMarco

Looks really promising!!! They must make a Green Goblin skin for Dafoe. :D
    I bet Jim Sterling will be allover the place hearing this news.

@7 I suppose it’ll launch on the PS4 too, same as AC:IV. Maybe the console will launch on October afterall.

12. CycloneFox

Wow they changed their capturing technique from taking motion-cap and face-cap seperately, to doing it simultaniously. that’s really awsome. It is still one big problem of video games, that, if you take both caps seperately, it looks a bit off later. That’s why Naughty dog takes the shot and audio like on stage and makes the face animations by hand later. But this could really be the best way to do those things.

This year is awesome: DMC, MGR, Tomb Raider, God of War A., Star Trek, Last of Us, Remember Me, Killzone Mercanary, Ryman Legends, Tales of Xillia, FFIIIX-3, maybe Watchdogs, maybe MGS5 and whatever will come else, … and now Beyond has a release date in October, too! (At least, for my kind of taste, it’s an awesome year. If I liked GTA, it would be even more awesome)

13. manamana

^ Bioshock ;-)

14. _LarZen_

The waiting is unbearable….

15. Night Hunter

I just cannot believe that this is running on Playstation 3. Not even if it is in engine rendering.

16. manamana

^ huh why not? Looks normal to me. Better than Heavy Rain which was to be expected after their engine revision.

17. GwynbleiddiuM

YES!! Finally Willem Dafoe :D

18. ManuOtaku

I hope this game is more omikron and indigo prophecy than heavy rain, as much as i did enjoy heavy rain, i did prefer their pervious creations, they had more traditional gampleay inputs on them.

19. tatsujin