Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag confirmed, full reveal next week

Thursday, 28th February 2013 11:42 GMT By Dave Cook

Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag has been confirmed by Ubisoft, and a date for the game’s full reveal has been announced.

The publisher said in a statement to VG247, “We confirm that Ubisoft will announce all the details of Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag on Monday March 4th at 5pm GMT.”

It also sent us the game’s pack-shots, which we reported on this morning.

The images confirm that Black Flag is coming to Wii U and that the PS3 edition contains over 60 minutes of exclusive gameplay.

1. miles97

yay !

2. Edo

@1 You basically forced them to do so..thanks dude :).

3. Dragon246

I didn’t saw this coming. Shit.

4. Beta

Very happy in one way, but can’t they give the franchise a year off?

5. miles97

#2 i dont think so ,may be they will be announcing it next week any way , this is more like pre mature :p

6. Dragon246

60 minutes exclusive content for PS3.

Or see the PS3 boxart.
    PS4 will also get it imo.

But looks like the PR mistake took the first leak about of Sonys E3.

7. Erthazus

Call Of duty of Action Adventure games.

8. dtyk

I like it being an annual release, because this means an AC3 price drop incoming. :D

9. Max Payne

They could at least launch it for next gen…

10. Dragon246

@9,
    They would imo. But they cant release boxart for that since Sony and MS hasnt decided that themselves.

11. nikk900

I don’t get it. Does it follow from AC3 or is it whole different thing?
    I thought they would go the Brotherhood/Revelations route and continue Conner’s story before starting a new one.

12. LuLshuck

Surprised ubisoft dont make shitdogs come out one year and the next year release ac and repeat

13. miles97

#11 this game is about connors grand dad edward kenway , so this one is before ACIII

14. nikk900

@13 Thanks, I wonder how they fit the modern day into this.

15. Mike W

Is this series the new fucking COD? What the hell ubisoft?

16. miles97

#15 dont worry they have more surprises in store for us ,go to ac initiatives u will find 3 of the time lines in retrieving data not shown 1715 which is the black flag setting , 1839 French Revolution,1942 it has many to offer world war , Indian revolution …..

17. Moonwalker1982

I’m not hyped or excited about this at all. I bet it’s gonna feel and play exactly like ACIII, which honestly wasn’t even that much of a change from the other AC games. Ubi is destroying this franchise if you ask me.

18. GK

what a strange people,they don’t want get good game,and instead that they good game compare with shitty game like COD.what a clever people talking here :)

19. tezzer1985

Can’t wait, love AC…if it makes Ubisoft money, why stop, we’re in a time were it’s very hard for publishers to make money of games.

If it keeps Ubisoft in the green what’s the big deal, they are still releasing a new IP this year in WatchDogs.

The handful of people who bitch like females on their menstrual cycle, will not stop the game from selling millions….Long live Assassin’s Creed & Ubisoft

20. ShowUsYourLunch

Aaarrr, this is gonna be 6 main asscreed games in 5 years! make it stop please.

21. Hellhound30x

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!! Can’t wait!

22. MadFingerz

@19 Yeah, people keep bitching about the yearly releases but the fact is every year they sell like hot cakes. I suspect that if it was Zelda or Mario no one would protest.

23. Sadismek

Assassin’s Creed is trying to bring new ideas to the table, at least. I agree that they’re overdoing it now, though.

24. Eddie Rodrigues

@6 As AC:III did, but then PC and 360 Deluxe/pre-order/Season Pass owners could access it anyway :/

This is the first time a AC game takes back on time (without counting Bloodlines and Liberation) although not so much, so the game’s atmosphere will remain intact. Perhaps IV’s present time part will continue Desmond’s destiny now that:

*SPOILER*

His father still alive somehow

@15 What are you talking about? AC was always a yearly series.

25. Erthazus

@18, Because AC games are not good games. Their quality is similar to Call Of Duty.

26. vicrysty

Good news
    Hopefully every year to come. This franchise has always something new and good to show.

27. Malmer

Hope they’ve hired an editor this time to cut away all the fat the series has accumulated. Would be nice with an Assassin’s Creed-game where you actually do more assassinations than playing Boule with arguing lumberjacks and running after lost calendar pages. AC3 was a fragmented mess with no flow what so ever. A really bad game in a really good game costume. Or the other way around.

28. noamlol2

worth a rent maybe

the last game disappointed me beyond belief

but the navel combat system was awesome

29. Rafa_L

I bought the first one around launch and really enjoyed it… I rented the second and liked it, but I lost my interest for the franchise somewhere… it’s the sixth game on the PS3 and Xbox right? Too much…

I think Uncharted is my favorite game, disputing with dark souls, and I was glad that naughty dog gave it a break, I’m anxious for Last of us, and when the next uncharted comes out I’ll be eager for it.

Maybe ubisoft should make us miss the franchise a little. Or at least give some time for people like me to catch up on the missed games.

#29 1 year ago