Mass Effect 3’s final multiplayer DLC, Reckoning, is out this week; check out the new characters, weapons and equipment which will complete a whole year of free content drops.
BioWare showed off the DLC in a livestream, giving out plenty of detail which NeoGAF users kindly collated. The best bits are probably the new playable Collector and female Turian, as well as new Geth and AI units and the Batarian Gauntlet.
- New characters
- Geth Juggernaut Soldier: Huge Geth unit. Cannot dodge or take cover. Cannot be staggered. Powers: Assault Pulse, Hex Shield, Geth Turret.
- Turian Cabal Vanguard: Female biotic Turian, as introduced in Omega. Biotic abilities for dodge. Powers: Poison Strike, Nightshade Blades, Biotic Focus.
- Alliance Infiltration Unit: EDI-like cyborg. Can uppercut. Powers: Tactical Cloak, Snap Freeze, Repair Matrix.
- Krogan Warlord Sentinel: Gigantic hammer wielding Krogan. Cannot take cover or dodge. Rage regenerates health. Powers: Tech Armour, Biotic Hammer, Electric Hammer.
- Talon Mercenary Engineer: Human mercenary armed with a tech bow. Powers: Trip Mines, Armor-Piercing Arrows, Concussive Arrows.
- Awakened Collector Adept. Powers: Dark Sphere, Seeker Swarm, Dark Channel.
- Geth Spitfire Assault Rifle: A portable Geth Gatling gun.
- Venom Shotgun: Explosive round firing shotgun. Charge to have rounds fragment into more explosives.
- Lancer Assault Rifle: New assault rifle.
- Blood Pack Executioner Pistol: One-shot-per-clip high damage Magnum-like pistol.
- Chakram Launcher Assault Rifle: Explosive disk launching rifle.
- Blood Pack Punisher SMG: Heavy submachine gun, good against armour.
- Adas Anti-Synthetic Rifle: Electric based rifle. Shoots travelling electrical rounds (no hitscan).
- Geth Scanner
- Assault Rifle Ultralight Materials: Lowers weight of assault rifles.
- Pistol Power Amplifier
- SMG Power Amplifier
- Shotgun Ultralight Materials: Lowers weight of shotguns
- Batarian Gauntlet: Replaces any class heavy attack with the Batarian’s falcon punch.
A trailer for the new content is below. It arrives on February 26, although PAL territory PlayStation 3 users will have to wait for the local console network update.
Again with thanks to NeoGAF, Mass Effect 3 has produced five free multiplayer DLC packs over the past year, adding 41 characters; 19 weapons; seven weapon mods; seven consumables; seven maps; six hazard map variations; a difficulty setting; a faction; two enemy units; two objective mission types; 38 pieces of equipment; and a challenge system.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.