Murdered: Soul Suspect confirmed for PS3, Xbox 360 & PC in 2014

Wednesday, 20th February 2013 12:21 GMT By Dave Cook

Murdered: Soul Suspect publisher Square-Enix has confirmed that the paranormal detective game will launch on PS3, PC and Xbox 360 in 2014.

In a statement sent to VG247 this afternoon, the publisher confirmed the an early 2014 release on the above formats, making no mention of a developer or next-gen consoles.

The following image was also sent across, although it’s not new:

The statement also included the game’s teaser trailer, which we reported on yesterday. It features a ghost passing through bodies, the game’s protagonist falling through a window and a text sting that asks you to solve your own murder.

It all sounds a bit ‘Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective to me. What about you?

We’ve also compiled evidence gathered from the Murdered ARG game, shedding some light on what all of this means.

1. Gheritt White

There’s a teaser trailer for it on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3v3fM9BbQQ

#1 1 year ago
  2. Edo

I’m not going to say I told you so………………but I told you so :) .

#2 1 year ago
  3. orakaa

If it was in 2013, I’d understand… but in 2014… it sure won’t get as many sales as it could (reminds me of Rogue Galaxy who didn’t get a lot of coverage as it got released about the same time as PS3 got out)

#3 1 year ago
  4. JebusF

The press release has certain letters in bold, it spells out “In the dusk beware”.

Woo!

#4 1 year ago
  5. Dave Cook

@4 yeah those are passwords to all of the assets released so far :)

#5 1 year ago
  6. ArcticMonkey

@3 Sales won’t be unaffected, but they should be fine. Most PS3/360 owners won’t have made the transition yet, and I bet this’ll be day one digital on next gen systems for those interested.

#6 1 year ago
  7. Max Payne

What genre is this ?

#7 1 year ago
  8. Old MacDonald

It’s funny how they release a tiny bit of information and a dull, pointless trailer, and expects everyone to be super excited.

#8 1 year ago