BioShock Infinite has gone gold, lovelies

Tuesday, 19th February 2013 16:50 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

BioShock Infinite has gone gold. Try to squelch any desire you have for rioting or rough housing of any kind.

Ken Levine took to the Irrational blog to announce the good news. Here’s what he had to say:

“I’m happy to announce that the game has gone gold. What that means is that it has been approved by both Sony and Microsoft (and the PC Gods, natch) to be sent to the manufacturing guys to load up fleets of trucks with BioShock Infinite and be driven to a store near you on March 26.

“The total cost of the game was five years, 941 billion Klingon darseks (plus tip), 47 camels, a cranberry flan, and the blood, sweat, and tears of the Irrational Team.

“Nobody has ever built a game quite like this. It’s a shooter, but a shooter that brings you to very uncomfortable and dangerous places. I can’t demand that you play the game; I can promise you, however, that once you have, it will be an experience you won’t soon forget.”

BioShock Infinite hits March 26 for PC, PS3, and Xbox 360.

1. DSB

What an awesome statement, I can’t wait to see it.

#1 1 year ago
  2. YoungZer0

He’s talking about Spec Ops: The Line, isn’t he?

#2 1 year ago
  3. RazorBladeJam

My cynicism & general apathy is now on hold… Do want.

#3 1 year ago
  4. LuLshuck

Spec Ops the line that apocalypse now rip off?

#4 1 year ago
  5. YoungZer0

“Rip off” … right. I’m guess you don’t know what the word means?

Or do you think Apocalypse Now is just a rip off of Heart of Darkness? :D

#5 1 year ago
  6. MR2

I can’t wait to play this game<3

#6 1 year ago
  7. Night Hunter

“941 billion Klingon darseks”

What is the conversion rate right now?

#7 1 year ago
  8. Dave Cook

I wager ten thousand Quatloos on the newcomer.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Dark

Bioshock infinite is looking good so far!
    but i won’t get it .. Tomb Raider , Storm 3 and God of War Ascension ,
    will be enough for one month.

#9 1 year ago
  10. karma

@9: Whats wrong with you? Not getting it? Dude, seriously. I very much doubt there will be better game this year than BSI. Heck i’d even go as far to say this gen. Looking Glass / IG have never let me down yet.

#10 1 year ago
  11. theevilaires

sweet my first BioShock game I can play. I can’t wait!

#11 1 year ago
  12. ps4some

Steph calling us lovelies is nice :) I think Pat and Dave should start doing it to give the site an uncomfortable vibe :)

#12 1 year ago
  13. Moonwalker1982

FANTASTIC NEWS!

#13 1 year ago
  14. Erthazus

To be honest I didn’t enoyed the first Bioshock, but I thought it was an amazing game. I hope that Bioshock: Infinite will be much better for me.

I hope their next game will be System Shock 3 or System Shock reboot. That would be awesome as F.

#14 1 year ago
  15. Moonwalker1982

It might be man. This one is less dark and alot more vibrant, if that’s the right wording.

#15 1 year ago
  16. Samoan Spider

@14 Yes, they need to bring back system shock! Long time since we’ve had a decent mental AI (excluding Glados ofc)!

On topic though, this is good news. I am looking forward to this. Really enjoyed 1 + 2.

#16 1 year ago
  17. RazorBladeJam

Pity they dropped the multiplayer.

#17 1 year ago
  18. Mineral4r7s

@17 true I had a lot of fun in BioShock 2 even though it lagged like crazy from time to time.

#18 1 year ago