The Witcher 3? CD Projekt’s “other” game to be revealed on February 5

Thursday, 10th January 2013 22:06 GMT By Brenna Hillier

CD Projekt hid a secret message in its shiny Cyberpunk 2077 teaser, dropping heavy hints about a reveal “you can probably guess” ahead of time.

In a slab of text visible by freezing frames of the trailer, CD Projekt said it is “about to reveal” its “other project, which is much closer to being completed” than Cyberpunk 2077.

“It will also be a fully open-world game with an intense story. You can probably guess the game we’re talking about,” the developer teased.

The post ended abruptly, saying only that “all will be clear” on February 5.

The teased title is almost certainly The Witcher 3, a long-expected sequel to the runaway success of the last entry in the hardcore fantasy RPG series.

Thanks, Gematsu.

1. SameeR_Fisher

Grrrrr, I hope with the Witcher 3 comes an HD Collection ((or just a collection since the titles aren’t that old)) that contains both The Witcher 1 & The Witcher 2 for PS3.

2. Strange Sultan

I sure need a new action RPG right right now

3. NeoSquall

I actually had to save the video on my pc and play it on my PS3 because 1. the TV screen is bigger than my monitor and 2. I could use the ds3 to catch that frame!

4. Moonwalker1982

An open-world Witcher game would be crazy awesome, CDP says we can guess the game by now. What other big titles is CDP known for? So i guess it almost confirms The Witcher 3. Now i just hope they will also show something of it, some gameplay. Not like the very disappointing Cyberpunk 2077 reveal last year where they didn’t show a damn thing. I love this developer, but come on…show something.

5. LuLshuck

Please be THEY

6. Gadzooks!

Witcher 2 was simply brilliant. It’s so refreshing to see a fantasy story that’s also grounded and not about ‘Ancient evil, Stab it’.

Political machinations have been in RPG’s before of course. I quite liked the secret king subplot in Dragon Age, but in the Witcher 2 it was right there, front and centre, from start to finish.

It also helped that it was the second best looking game on consoles (number one being Halo 4).

I really hope Witcher 3 stays (console) exclusive to Xbox. Apart from being obviously beyond the capabilities of the PS3, the time wasted getting code up to a reasonable standard on Sony’s awkward machine would have reduced the overall quality of both versions.