BioShock Infinite delayed again for bug-fixing, new date listed

Friday, 7th December 2012 13:08 GMT By Dave Cook

BioShock Infinite has been delayed again, but don’t worry the slip isn’t too massive. Get the details below.

Eurogamer reports that the game is now coming out March 26.

The date was confirmed when Ken Levine addressed press at a US event this week. He said that concerns over polishing came, “When Rod Fergusson came on board we looked at the game. He was there for about a month and he said, ‘look, I’ve been looking at the schedule and looking at the game and frankly you could really benefit from another three or four more weeks for polish and bug fixing.’

“We talked about it. I knew I’d probably get beat up in the press a little bit about it. But at the end of the day, if it’s going to make a better game we’re going to do it.

“So the new date is March 26. That’s my bad news.”

The game was originally slated for a February 26th launch.

Thoughts people?

1. YoungZer0

That’s okay, you know? February is crowded enough.

#1 1 year ago
  2. Mike W

Well good for them, I thought they were going to pull an Activision and ubisoft and release a product that is not finish.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Dave Cook

@1 & 2 I do grow wary of Levine’s eye for perfection. That does sound like an odd thing to say I agree, because polishing makes games better, but I wonder if it’s linked to the amount of staff leaving recently.

#3 1 year ago
  4. YoungZer0

@3: Yes, it is rather odd. Something nasty seems to be going on behind the pixels.

#4 1 year ago
  5. locus2k1

In related news Bioshock Infinite is renamed Bioshock Forever!

I jest, I jest, an extra month isn’t that much longer and as mentioned by others it spreads the releases out a little bit :)

#5 1 year ago
  6. absolutezero

Bioshock itself never really had a smooth developement either.

hhmmmmm

#6 1 year ago
  7. Moonwalker1982

Two new videos, REV3′s impressions after playing the first hours of the game and the other is a interview with Ken Levine.

#7 1 year ago
  8. diego-rbb-93

Im thankful, but i dont think that will save them from a day-one patch or error related to save games.

Take that time and make sure the game is really replayable in the second round after finishing it. I really miss those games where the second play was as important as the first one, full of secrets and extras.

#8 1 year ago
  9. Moonwalker1982

I want to think of this as good news, cause if it’s really for polishing, i’m ok with that. It just sucks, cause March also sees Tomb Raider’s release. It’s all gonna be releasing way too close after another again….damn.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Dragon246

I think its a pure marketing move as Feb-March is crowded hell and as a golden rule, most big releases don’t come out in northern summer, so it may well be pushed to give it more breathing space.Not that it matters much though.

Although I would have them release it asap for them to start working on bioshock vita.

#10 1 year ago
  11. ps3fanboy

this bad news???… its actually good news that they take the time to finish the product. so their customers dont have to do the bug testing…. like with ea, ubisoft, bethesda and the other lame ass developers. that release unfinished crap on disc that need a patch to be playable… what you gonna do when you want to replay the game, and the much needed patch is not there anymore???… throw the game in the thrash bin, that is what you gonna do… you bought 60 dollar junk… you have been scammed!

#11 1 year ago
  12. monkeygourmet

I are worried…

They said a while back they were finding it hard gelling the whole package together.

#12 1 year ago
  13. ManuOtaku

I am with the guys that believe it is a good thing if it is for bug testing and for that to release a great game, but iam starting to feel worried about this whole thing, they are delaying this quite often now, if my mind doesnt play tricks to me is the third time already, therefore one is ok, two alright, but more than three is to start breaking the glass in case of emergency, but i hope iam wrong.

#13 1 year ago
  14. KAP

The internet will always be the beast with an infinite amount of heads all giving its opinions about this, lets just all chill knowing full well this WILL come out when its finished.

We camplaon that a games glitchy and full of bugs, we complain that the games delayed.

We cant have it both ways, well we can and we all know how that turns out dont we… AC3
    Just be happy we have something on the calibur of Bioshock soon to come out for us to enjoy.

#14 1 year ago
  15. Cobra951

As long as it doesn’t turn into “Bioshock Forever”, or end up as bad as that, I can wait a while longer. I hope they put the extra time to good use. A reasonably bug-free game at launch would be such a welcome change of pace.

#15 1 year ago
  16. DSB

Big game, big project, big problems.

I think the fact that they brought in Rod Fergusson is a pretty clear indication that someone had lost track of the big picture.

I took that as a pretty direct move to reorganize.

#16 1 year ago
  17. TheDarkWeapon

Take your time dudes

#17 1 year ago
  18. TD_Monstrous69

I will willingly wait for Bioshock Infinite, because it looks excellent, and wouldn’t want any unnecessary bugs dampening the experience. Though I will say, with a lot of games I want coming out in March, I think the month of March is trying to bankrupt me.

#18 1 year ago
  19. Telepathic.Geometry

I’m always happy to see a delay if it’s only for a few months. It’s when it disappears off the radar for years that I worry (The Last Guardian, I’m looking at you)…

#19 1 year ago