Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is still at the top of the UK charts, fending off competition from Hitman: Absolution, Halo 4, Assassin’s Creed 3 and more. Can the Wii U topple its reign at the top when it launches in the UK this Friday? We’ll soon find out.
Treyarch’s shooter has sold well, coming in as the fourth biggest UK launch of all time, but still falling short of MW2, MW3 and the original Black Ops’ opening sales. VG247 covered the game in full at launch. Check out what we had to say here:
- Black Ops 2 campaign debriefed: time paradox.
- Black Ops 2 Zombies: it’s a return bus ride to hell.
- Black Ops 2 multiplayer: future imperfect.
Newcomer Hitman: Absolution debuted at second place, and Stace Harman recently got to grips with Agent 47’s latest and delivered his own account of IO Interactive’s latest romp.
Meanwhile, fellow newcomer LEGO Lord of the Rings entered the chart at 6th, while PS All-Stars: Battle Royal stumbled in at 38th, Epic Mickey: The Power of Two entered at 34th and the oddly silent Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse launched at 35.
We’ll have the full chart as it is posted by scorekeeper UKIE.
Here’s the official top ten:
- 1. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (Activision)
- 2. Hitman Absolution (Square Enix)
- 3. FIFA 13 (EA)
- 4. Assassin’s Creed 3 (Ubisoft)
- 5. Halo 4 (Microsoft)
- 6. LEGO: The Lord of the Rings (Warner)
- 7. Just Dance 4 (Ubisoft)
- 8. Skylanders Giants (Activision)
- 9. Need for Speed: Most Wanted (EA)
- 10. Dishonored (Bethesda)
- 11. WWE ’13 (THQ)
- 12. Moshi Monsters: Moshlings Theme Park (Mind Candy)
- 13. uDraw Studio: Instant Artist (THQ)
- 14. Resident Evil 6 (Capcom)
- 15. Football Manager 2013 (Sega)
- 16. New Super Mario Bros 2 (Nintendo)
- 17. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Bethesda)
- 18. Medal of Honor: Warfighter (EA)
- 19. F1 2012 (Codemasters)
- 20. Book of Spells (Sony)
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.