Grand Theft Auto 5 PC release petition gains 40,000 signatures

Monday, 26th November 2012 22:19 GMT By Brenna Hillier

In a bid to demonstrate demand for a PC release for Grand Theft Auto 5, fans have amassed an impressive amount of support.

In a rather sweetly heartfelt change.org petition, eager gamers pleaded with Rockstar Games to confirm a PC release for the highly anticipated title.

“Please release GTA V on PC. GTA games have been a large part of so many peoples lives and it’s a big shame not seeing the newest iteration of the game being released on the most powerful platform,” the petition begged.

“Things like modifications have always been a huge part of PC gaming and modded GTA is some of the most insanely fun times you can have. I hope you consider the release of GTA V on PC as it’ll make many people very happy.”

That’s adorable. And also compelling, apparently, as over 40,000 signatures have already been gathered.

Grand Theft Auto 5 has been confirmed for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and is due in northern spring 2013. Rockstar vice-president Dan Houser has said other ports and versions haven’t been ruled out.

Thanks, StrategyInformer.

1. Oynox Slider

Correct me if I am wrong, but Rockstar never confirmed that there will be no PC version..

Annoying petitions.

2. Ercarret

I’m torn. On one hand, I really can’t see Rockstar skipping a PC release (later on) so I can’t really be bothered with signing YET ANOTHER “Oh pwetty pwease bring your game to my platform of choice” petition. On the other, I sure want my GTA V on PC.

Ah, hell. I guess there’s nothing wrong with taking a minute to sign it. *wanders off*

3. Stardog

It will come to PC, but it’s not good business sense to release it at the same time, or mention it until the console versions have sold millions.

4. GameStunts

Well, I signed it. Now VG247, can you use your powers of journalism and contacts for good, and get a comment from Rockstar on this, 40,412 is a lot of people.

Heck it only takes 25,000 signatures to get a response from the White House.

@1 They said that PC version is up for consideration, not concrete, that’s why people are upset.

5. aseddon130

If people who sign this actually believe that they won’t do a PC version then they are idiots. GTA may sell better on consoles but it was born on the PC, of course they will do a PC version, just maybe not at launch but maybe 6 months down the line.

Would it be much to ask for GFWL support??? Yeah … thought not.

6. Zoracka

I am surprised that this got 40,000 signs but I guess the GTA name sells no matter what.

I’m looking forward to GTAV, but after the atrocious PC port that the 4th installment and Max Payne 3 is, I’m not going to sign this. Last time the community succeeded with a petition we got Dark Souls and wasn’t that just great (No).

The number of sign-ups is still impressive though.

7. Oynox Slider

As far as I know, Rockstar did not announce L.A. Noire for PC as they announced it for PS3 and Xbox 360… so, why they should not do the same for GTA V.

But yeah, some you mentioned it, it’s GTA, so hell breaks loose.

8. vormison

40,000 signatures, 30,000 will pirate it.

9. SlayerGT

@8 I know right. Rockstar should kickstart the shit. Let those 40,000 put their money where their mouth is. I bet there are far less backers.

10. thyho

Yeah and TEXAS petition for secede has 117.000 petition doesn’t mean $hit
    in this days. the game will be released for pc and texans will play it in their new freedom Columbia.

11. Dragon246

Easy people, GTA5 pc will come. If nothing is announced after console launch, then alarm bells can go off.

12. xxJPRACERxx

@6 WTF are you talking about? The initial release of GTA IV on PC was not so great (but still 10x better than the console version), but after some patching the game is running great. MP3 was great from the start. Of course if you’re still gaming on an Athlon XP that’s your problem.

———————————————————————–

Also, I remember R* saying the same thing about the PC version of GTA IV, that the “PC version was up for consideration.”

13. Keivz

I’m not as optimistic as many are that believe it’ll come to the PC. But looking at it objectively it would make sense that there will be a PC release as 1. every high profile GTA eventaully has gotten a PC release 2. Most rockstar games land on the PC with the exceptions being primarily the later Midnight Club games and the Red Dead series.

Having said that, RDR skipping the PC has me paranoid. But I can be patient for up to a year after the consoles launch (shouldn’t take more than 6 months though) before I cave and get the a console version.