Far Cry 3 video diary: part 1, hunting humans

Sunday, 25th November 2012 15:23 GMT By Sam Clay

VG247′s Sam Clay has taken it into his own hands to produce a 5 part video diary to showcase the ever changing world of Far Cry 3. Part 1 shows taking out an outpost and hunting a wanted man.

Hopefully in the series we’ll be able to showcase how random some of the island’s events are, heck, we might get eaten by a tiger from time to time. So if anything, expect the worst to happen to our poor Jason Brody.

Far Cry 3 is out November 30th (EU) / December 4th (US) on Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and PC

1. Takeshi

Awesome video. Been playing some Far Cry 2 in order to prepare for FC3, it looks so much better though. A more personal character, less fucking trees, a much more vibrant and colorful palette. A bit fixed with a mod but still. There’s also this mod for balancing the game I should look at.

Hopefully, the gunplay is a good as it looks too. Less repetitive too. I’m not that against it if the gameplay itself is fun. But driving through a post in FC2, making cars come after you, stop, start shooting, and then keep going until you reach another post is not a lot of fun.

Have you tried FC2, Sam? Any thoughts on major improvements hands-on? Or is this covered somewhere? Just direct me then.

2. Sam Clay

I think comparing Far Cry 3 to the second game is wrong. Imho I despised the second game. It was a game made up of great ideas but it just completely fell apart in the end product – Malaria was a bitch :( .

Far Cry 3 is huge. There is so much to see and do. What has surprised me is how much of a danger the environment is. Tigers/Jaguars are deadly…don’t get me started about Komodo Dragons!

3. BULArmy

Too much menus, not enough action. But nice video, really hoping FC3 will run decent on my PC, because the game looks awesome. And dat accent, can you teach me? :D

4. Sam Clay

Hah. Yeah, so this one is very heavy on menus. Now that’s out of the way, you’ll never see them again in future videos :)

5. SlayerGT

Hey Sam I know this is off topic and I apologize, but could you tell me how many co op “missions” there are? I’d really appreciate it.

6. Maximum Payne

There is 6 coop mission I think but GT said they are design for 4 players in mind in terms of enemy numbers.

7. Sam Clay

What Mr @6 said :D

8. GwynbleiddiuM

Very excited about this. Thanks Sam, it was a nice video.

9. Triggerhappy

Nice vid Sam cheers, this is the first FPS I’ve been pumped for in a long time. It’s the stealth aspects that have got me going more than anything else… and that map looks HUGE :D Is the story any good at all??

10. LuLshuck

Sam did you play this on xbox or was it on pc with a 360 controller? I really want to play the game but im worried if the 360 version will be glitchy as hell are something

11. Sam Clay

Hey @10 – This is the Xbox 360 version :)

12. LuLshuck

Cheers Sam, game looks and sounds to good to be true, cant wait to get it

13. monkeygourmet

Hey Sam. Although the gun play and customisation looks great, is there much option for melee and knife combat?

Could you upgrade the knife skill and bow and arrow for example?

Nice preview btw! :)

14. Sam Clay

@13 In the skill tree you have options to upgrade your knife skills. Like takedowns and such.

15. DonnerKebab

Thanks for the video Sam

Just wondering if you can turn off elements of the HUD, like seeing enemies through walls, and the arrows all over the screen telling you where they are once you alert them. Really hate all that hand-holding. Or do you think it works?

16. monkeygourmet