Wii U: UK launch line up finalised, get the full roster here

Thursday, 22nd November 2012 13:43 GMT By Dave Cook

Wii U launches in UK and Europe from November 30th. Nintendo had released some launch titles for Britain previously, but now it has confirmed a full, final roster of 24 titles waiting to be snapped up from day-one. Check it out below.

Disney Epic Mickey 2. The Power Of Two
Tank! Tank! Tank!
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Transformers Prime
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013
ZombiU

The list comes as Wii U tops the Nielsen listof most-wanted kid’s gifts for Christmas.

See anything you like?

Thanks ONM.

1. SpinachPuffs

While it’s true that a lot of these games have been on other consoles long before now, if you’re someone who only stuck with the Wii this/last generation, this is one hell of a good launch line-up. And, don’t forget, this is only the retail list! There are some really good games launching on the eShop on day one as well!
    Even without the multiplatform games (I have AC3, ME3 and Batman on PS3 already) there are enough great titles here to ensure that my Wii U will get plenty of love next weekend. Only eight more days! :D

2. DrDamn

Any ideas on digital pricing for Europe yet. Oh and the WiiU came second to the iPad on that list. I don’t think all the kids are wanting iPads for spread sheets, documentation and presentations either – I think they may just be wanting it as a gaming device.

3. GoingPostal13

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 has some interesting WiiU features, but as it is, I have no games pre-ordered with the console.

4. Deacon

Hearing that the buttons on the tablet controller rattle when shaken was the final deterrent for me…

And ports aside, there’s not really much there to excite.

5. monkeygourmet

Funky Barn = System seller

They must be loud for you to hear them from there! ;)

6. monkeygourmet

Im going for:

Zombie U
    NSMB U
    Sonic Racing

Far Cry 3 (360)

My PS3 will have a lonely xmas! :(

7. Dave Cook

@5 GOTY

8. monkeygourmet

Have you played anything else that stands out Dave?

I was considering Tank! Tank! Tank! but thought it was an E Shop game, not sure about it as a full price title?

9. Dave Cook

@8 :P

I really like ZombiU. My copy is here now but I don’t have my Wii U yet. Itching to get properly stuck in. I also like New Super Mario Bros. it’s inoffensive fun.

10. monkeygourmet

@Dave

Cool, yeah, def can’t wait for Zombie U! :)

I think that little selection should do me fine for crimbo, also I forgot I have Nintendoland packed in, plenty of couch co-op over the winter months!

Then maybe P-100 and Lego Undercover next year.

There’s sooooo much good software coming out in the next few month’s, it honestly wouldn’t suprise me if MS and Sony give the 360 & PS3 another solid year without announcing a new machine.

Maybe MS will announce there set top box at E3 this year then the 720 early 2014?

With titles like Far Cry 3, Last of Us, Gears 4, God of War 4, GTA 5 etc… Still coming out, it makes you wonder if they want to squeeze a bit more cash out of this gen.

Unless you know something we don’t?! ;)

11. OlderGamer

I know a lot of hate is floating around the net for the system. But all I can say is that I really love this system. For me, games have come to a point where graphics are no longer the central issue or focal point of gaming. I can enjoy an indie game like Minecraft or a host of other lesser budget games with lower graphical values. So for me, I looked at what the hardware can do. And lets be honest, we are talking about what the WiiU gamepad can do.

I absolutly love it. Weather it is playing a game fully on the pad while the MRS watches TV, or managing inventory/skills at the touch of a button, or drawing up a new route for my WR to run(Madden) presnap, or using the pad like a viewfinder to see things that aren’t on the TV directly infront you, to surfing the web(and posting here) on it, or just watching Netflix on it. It can do so much more then I have experienced before. To me it is a game changer.

The graphics of the system don’t dissapoint, unless you are looking for major leaps and bounds forward from PS360. The ports seem to be pixel/pixel perfect. But there are moments http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/BsCOBkKB_WEFVUSP8zaX00Ua8pqIuaO2 that look better then anything I have seen on a PS360. But again, I don’t think Graphics are that big of a deal.

If you do decide to buy a WiiU, do NOT turn it off when you set it up and download the updates. Follow the instructions for Wii to WiiU transfer, easy, but read it. The inital set up is a real pita(Pain in the ass). But nothing a new PS3 owner(and to some degree a new xb360) owner has to go thru. Systems run off the backs of firmware and that needs updating. After the first day, I haven’t had to do any updating. Just be patient.

I know it seems bias to some, but the system is, I think, fantastic. I am extremly happy with it.

12. tenthousandgothsonacid

Hi Nintendo ! Where ya bin ? Welcome to this gen ! Erm, it’s kinda embarrassing but we’re all off to the next gen in a few months. Are you okay to stay here cos you can’t really come along looking like that.

13. dreamcastnews

All the games I wanted have been put back -_- I’ll have Pikmin…. No I won’t, maybe Wonderful 101, oh no. How about Lego City then? No I can’t have that either! Poor launch.