Call of Duty 2013 is Modern Warfare 4 – rumour

Wednesday, 14th November 2012 21:34 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4 is the franchise’s 2013 entry, according to alleged leaks from voice recording for the game.

Siliconera cites anonymous sources for word that the game’s voice acting is already being recorded in Los Angeles, and that it continues the Modern Warfare story arc.

The main character is said to be a “a battle hardened veteran in his mid-thirties with a nihilistic point of view”, currently code named Ben Burke. The source also mentioned a flashback scene set in Somalia featuring John “Soap” MacTavish.

A few of “Burke”‘s lines were supplied:

• “Reminds you of Phuket, doesn’t it? Only this time the dust gives you cancer… OK, park yourself and get ready. When this thing kicks off, put a hole in anything that moves.”
  • “This is Sentinel Zero One, successful crypto change on C2 net break, requesting immediate update of blue force picture and status of artillery, over. I have you broken and unreadable, I say again, requesting updates to friendly positions and status of arty support. Do you read, over?”
  • “We’ve got KVA on the move! They’re going to strongpoint the main gate, ETA two mikes! We’re providing support for our heavy rollers! Ready up and let’s move!”
  • “Goliath, this is Sentinel Zero One! We have enemy armor at the gate, hundred meters north of our position! Requesting close-air grid mark three-one-six!”

The whisperer is said to be the same source as gave Siliconera early information on Sleeping Dogs, which later turned out to be correct; the site also had access to Tomb Raider information well ahead of its general release.

That development is underway on a new Call of Duty for release in 2013 is almost a certainty; Activision uses a two studio structure in which Treyarch and Infinity Ward each spend two years on a new entry, alternating release periods. Infinity Ward has produced three Modern Warfare games in a row and last year’s entry was expected to end the story sequence. It shattered sales and launch records, something of a regular feat for the series.

The latest Treyarch instalment, Call of Duty: Black Ops 2, released this week and already seems to have sold hojillions.

1. MadFlavour

And in other news: The Titanic sank, 1500 people killed.

2. Ali

With Black Ops 2 putting the full stop on the story of the characters that I cared about from Blops 1 (Got a very very satisfying ending BTW) I see myself very uninterested for any re-skinned CoDs anymore especially those having a higher chance of being your typical bland infinity ward game. So,Unless TreyArch manages to bring me back with yet another charming set of characters (like in Blops 1/2) then I am totally done.

A Singularity sequel/New IP from Raven Software is Activision’s only way to my wallet this time.

3. AmiralPatate

I so hope they’ll keep going on with Modern Warfare, realize they should get rid of the number and think of a subtitle for the subtitle.
    I want to see a “Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: Subtitleception”.

4. Fin

Studio in sequel to popular game shock.

5. JRNO

It’s a safe bet.

And while I’m finding Black Ops 2 a good amount of fun, I can’t say I’m interested in whatever they’ve got in store next year unless they’re showing it off on ‘next-gen’ consoles, with a new engine or with a significantly modified/improved IW Engine. I’d really like to see them do more with the tech that’s out there.

6. Erthazus

Yeah, Black Ops 2 is so awesome. Riding on the horse and shooting vehicles, helicopters from a stinger at the same time is so AwsUm! (in arcade mode) with fantastic plot ofc.

Sheeps are sheeps anyways.

7. TD_Monstrous69

3 things cross cross my mind when reading this:

1. There is absolutely no suprise here
    2. Still can’t say I’m shocked this is what might be next
    3. After MW3, I really don’t give a fuck as far the “Modern Warfare” side of things is concerned. I’m going to kepp on enjoying Black Ops II.

8. Christopher Jack

youdontsay.jpg

9. Da Man

#6 Those ‘sheeps’ are surely more intelligent than your writing skills.

10. ManuOtaku

I think Brenna should scratch the word rumour, and instead put… a sure thing to be certain without any official confirmation on activisions part, is longer but more fiting.