Resident Evil 6 has been successful to ‘some degree’ – Capcom

Tuesday, 6th November 2012 09:40 GMT By Dave Cook

Resident Evil 6′s sales were brushed over lightly in Capcom’s most recent financial report, while a Q&A posted by the company refers to its performance as successful to ‘some degree’, but states that it’s too early to make a solid call on its performance.

The report – which can be downloaded here – features several investor questions. One question pertaining to the mixed critical reaction towards Resident Evil 6 was met with a wooly response.

The report answered, “Resident Evil 6 continues to generate repeat sales in Japan and overseas. Furthermore, initial shipments set a new record for a Capcom title. So this game has been successful to some degree.”

“We therefore believe it is too early to reach a conclusion about how users view this game.” it continued, “We always listen carefully to the feedback from users and use this information when developing games.”

Resident Evil 6 currently holds Metacritic ratings of 67 on Xbox 360 and 76 on PS3, which is a dip given the overall success of the franchise. Capcom was also asked why shipping projections for the game were slashed from seven million to six, to which Capcom replied, “Our revision of the sales volume is based on a comprehensive decision that reflects a variety of factors and risks at this time.”

“We believe that prospects are good for reaching our goal of six million units. We are confident because of the approaching overseas Christmas and New Year selling season, past sales of titles in this series, and for other reasons.”

What is your view on Resident Evil 6? Is it the disaster some are making it out to be, or is it fun regardless?

Thanks Eurogamer.

1. Greek God

i bought it as an action game in mind and finished 2 days ago chris campaign and enjoyed it. Now im going through jake. Im saving Leons Campaign for last, i really hope the horror element will outshine the other 2 campaigns.

2. TheBlackHole

It’s not a disaster, but as a relative newcomer to the series (other than Code Veronica, RE5 and watching people play 1-3) I thought it had far too many issues. I wanted to love it, I really did, but I couldn’t really

In some ways it should be the best action game ever – 4 FULL campaigns, split screen co-op.

My biggest issue is the camera. While it’s fine most of the time, too often Capcom feels the need to give you dramatic camera angles every few seconds, meaning mid chase sequence you’re having to run in opposite directions.

Also, some of the level design was bland. More annoyingly, it makes Chris’ campaign out to be a glorified shooter, but then it proceeds to give you next to no ammo, barely sufficient for easy mode.

Overall, it’s a 6-7 out of 10 game, only because of its depth of content and co-op modes. A disappointment.

3. TheBlackHole

@1, I thought I would like Chris’ best, but my favourite campaigns (in order) were

Leon
    Jake
    Chris

I haven’t done Ada’s yet.

4. alimokrane

Successful to some degree….Yes indeed, successful commerically and a disaster critically, a quality most appropriate to Capcom lately..Keep on that road and you will be in disaster in both very soon.

Resident Evil needs a major overhaul and I will refuse to buy it at launch. I, for one, did not buy RE5 until it dropped below £10 and got the game of the year edition and I certainly plan to do the same with RE6. To me that’s what those games are worth.

5. Greek God

#3TheBlackHole

im glad i started with chris first then :D

6. TheBlackHole

Indeed. It starts slow, but gets into proper resi style horror later in the campaign. It’s definitely the highlight of the three.

Some of Jake’s campaign is interesting though.

7. chaoszage

I have not played it yet but I really want to see horror elements in this game(or future RE)! I dont see any horror elements in RE4 and RE5 but I love RE5 Lost in Nightmare DLC because I like the horror atmosphere!

8. osric90

It was really good, not the RE most of people wanted but sure an excellent suspense and action game. Hopefully RE7 will come out the last year of this generation and have everyone happy with the lessons learned thanks to 4, 5 and 6.