Black Ops 2 PC: FOV capped at 80 due to ‘technical limitation’

Tuesday, 6th November 2012 10:31 GMT By Dave Cook

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 will have a field of view capped at 80 on PC, and Treyarch has stated that it will not be budged on the matter.

Treyarch’s outspoken director of technology Cesar Stastny took to Twitter to essentially get PC gamers to stop bothering the team about the issue, along with the tweet, “Don’t ask me to raise the FOV cap. Max is 80. Thankyouverymuch.”

When asked for a reason, the community manager replied, “Of course there is a reason. Otherwise I would raise it to stop all the QQing,” before adding that the restriction is due to a “technical limitation.”

So there you have it, the issue has been stone-walled. Do you want to see the field of view raised? Let us know below.

Thanks, PCGamesN.

1. hives

Sucks… I mean, I’m OK with 80, thank God it’s not like in MW3 (65!). But I know some people who get headaches from low FOV :F

BTW, I don’t like how Treyarch are treating PC players talking about FOV like spoiled kids wanting “too much” :/

#1 1 year ago
  2. simsum

I’d like adjustable FOV like Dishonoured. 80 degrees FOV looks and plays pretty bad on, for example, the 16:10 panel I use for gaming.

#2 1 year ago
  3. Stardog

It’s called making the PC version at the last minute.

Anyhow, I’m glad. Anyone who buys a CoD game deserves these kind of problems.

#3 1 year ago
  4. DreamCleaver

@3 LOL

#4 1 year ago
  5. roadkill

LOL!!

@3 +1

#5 1 year ago
  6. Takeshi

80 is okay. As long as it’s better than what Borderlands had and RE6. Won’t we be able to change it by messing with the .cfg files though?

How I fixed Bioshock 2, Crysis 2 and many others…

Paid full price for Black Ops in hopes of getting better performance for not using a piracy copy. Didn’t help at all. I haven’t even gotten a copy of MW3 yet due to how pricey it still is. I’ll probably pirate BO2 for the time being. Black Ops 2 is just too damn pricey.

#6 1 year ago
  7. AmiralPatate

#3 made me lol.
    I think the technical limitation is called “a 6 years old game engine”.

#7 1 year ago
  8. bpcgos

Wow, thats great news. They said they added quite a bunch of DX11 feature in this game but didnt know how to add FOV slider??. Meh, some modders will do it anyway (IF they care about this game!)

#8 1 year ago
  9. Scared

110 or bust.

#9 1 year ago
  10. Maximum Payne

Well Black Ops had fov slider.

#10 1 year ago
  11. mad1723

now let’s see the modders coming out with a fix that changes the FOV to whatever you want and devs stating that it was hard to implement.

#11 1 year ago
  12. Mineral4r7s

@11 like in dark souls.

#12 1 year ago
  13. Lord Gremlin

The sheer statement is DUMB. There can be no technical limitation to FOV on PC.
    Then again, why should I care, I don’t buy these games. But the statement was so dumb and provoking..

#13 1 year ago
  14. Sherif Saed

Not to be an ass, Dave
    but he is not a community manager, never been
    he has worked on the PC version of both Blops 1&2
    and its “limitation”

#14 1 year ago
  15. TheWulf

Someone is struggling with a really bad engine. I almost feel bad for Treyarch. Almost.

#15 1 year ago
  16. Brenna Hillier

@14 fixed. Ta.

#16 1 year ago
  17. Tyler6389

BS should be at least 85 or 90. Technical limitations my ASS. fucking lazy ass liars. If they could put it in cod4 you can put it in blops2. Stupid

#17 1 year ago