War of the Roses launch successful enough to secure franchise

Thursday, 4th October 2012 02:46 GMT By Brenna Hillier

War of the Roses has already performed strongly enough for a pleased-as-punch Paradox to secure a permanent franchise development team.

The franchise team will be led by War of the Roses executive producer and former DICE member Gordon van Dyke.

It’s not clear what role the rest of the Paradox staff members assigned to the team will be; War of the Roses was developed by Fatshark, which remains independent.

Although Paradox supplied no hard numbers, it noted that “thousands” of players have hit the medieval combat sim’s servers during its launch week.

1. viralshag

This game is friggin awesome. Glad to hear this.

2. roadkill

Aw man! I loved the BETA. I just don’t have money to buy the game right now. Ah well, I guess a man’s got to what a man’s got to do. Mug an old lady. :))

3. Yoshi

I’ve seen this on Steam and it really caught my eye however I have no idea what it is XD It says Multiplayer. So is it like an MMO or something?

4. roadkill

Yoshi most people say it is similar to Mount and Blade. You should check out a few movies on youtube. I find it quite fun.

5. freedoms_stain

@3, I think it’s more of a third person medieval battlefield game.

6. viralshag

@3, This game is basically Mount & Blade MP with much better graphics and combat.

It’s quite simply but a lot of fun. You basically just keep chopping until everyone around you is dead and you can level up and get new weapons and stuff.

Honestly if M&B2 had these graphics, with some improvements overall to the game I think it would be my most loved game ever.

<3 M&B.