Borderlands 2 – first in-game shot of Mechromancer released

Thursday, 4th October 2012 19:00 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Borderlands 2′s Mechromancer has landed on the Internet. Have your first look at the rowdy teen through the break.

The shot was tweeted by the character’s Twitter account.

The Mechromancer DLC will released on October 16 for $9.99/£7.99/800 MS Points for those who aren’t part of the Borderlands 2 Premiere Club.

1. SlayerGT

Awesome :) love the detail in BL2. She looks like she’ll be small.

2. Talkar

^Yup, to me she looks a bit like Tiny Tina.

3. DSB

It’s TK Bahas niece no? Looks very similar.

I really hope they make a DLC pack centered around Tiny Tina. Ash Burch straight up nailed it.

*edit*

No it ain’t. Two different names.

4. Talkar

Tiny Tina is tied for my favorite character in BL2. She is simply awesome :P

5. SlayerGT

Tina is great. I just got to the highlands but my top five favs so far are Tina, Ellie, Jack, Tannis, and Lilth. To quote Lilith, Borderlands 2 is “the tits” :)

6. SlayerGT

p.s. Why’d they remove the option to replay conversions and echos? :/ and the zoom % on weapons too. Bums me out. But that’s about all that does :)

7. Gigabomber

@6 some serious patching is needed to make the game more enjoyable as there are a few gamebreaking issues if you dig through the gearbox forums.

8. Talkar

The only serious issues i’ve had with the game is Steam not allowing me to play the game for hours. With the game itself, i haven’t experienced anything gamebreaking.

9. stretch215

My GOTY, easily.

10. TheWulf

This is pretty great. I’ll be pointing this at a friend as she’s a big fan of more modest, strong characters in videogames. And this just about qualifies. Okay, Gearbox, you’re doing a good job to make up for past misogyny. But don’t stop now. Keep at it. Please do.

I always wanted to like Gearbox, quite a lot. I don’t know why, they’re just glorious nerds, I guess. But the whole misogyny thing got in the way of that to some degree. It’s lovely to see that they’re doing so much to move past that, though. They’re slowly, quietly becoming a personal fave.

Not entirely sure why, I feel I should be bored by Borderlands as well, but eh… something about them and their games is just entirely too infectious.