Thu, Sep 13, 2012 | 16:04 BST
Nintendo reveals Wii U software line-up for Japan
Nintendo has revealed its first and third-party software line-up for Wii U in Japan. It includes known quantities such as Assassin’s Creed 3 and Mass Effect 3 and some previously unannounced titles in the form of Ninja Gaiden: Razor’s Edge and Bayonetta 2.
In its second Nintendo Direct presentation of the day, Nintendo of Japan revealed details of its first and third-party software line-up for its home territory.
First-party launch period games:
- New Super Mario Bros. U
- Game & Wario
- Wii Fit U
- Pikmin 3
Third-party launch period titles revealed for release in December:
- Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge
- Orochi 2: Hyper
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition (with added Nintendo-themed costumes, including Mario, Luigi and Link outfits)
- Assassin’s Creed III
- Rayman Legends
- Batman: Arkham City – Armored Edition
- Mass Effect 3
- FIFA 13
- Monster Hunter 3G HD Version, also to be offered as part of a software bundle
And other, undated titles:
- The Wonderful 101
- Bayonetta 2 (a Wii U exclusive)
- Dragon Quest X
There was no mention of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 for Japan, despite news of its arrival leaking minutes before the presentation started. Nor was there any showing of previously announced titles Darksiders II or Aliens: Colonial Marines.