Guild Wars 2 September patch notes revealed

Monday, 10th September 2012 11:01 GMT By Dave Cook

Guild Wars 2′s latest patch notes were revealed last night on the game’s official forum. You can check them out below.

UPDATE NOTES 09.09.12

Skills & Traits

Mesmer

• The Prestige – Fixed a bug so that Burning duration no longer amplifies when additional enemies are present.

Ranger

• Beastmastery Trait: Instinctual Bond – Now grants 5 seconds of quickness to the player’s pet and can only occur once every 50 seconds.
  • Pets can no longer be revived using the “F” prompt. This is because you can either use F4 to swap pets which will bring that pet back alive or you can wait until you are out of combat at which point you pet will revive automatically. We felt it was doing a disservice to Ranger players to incentivize them to spend a long time reviving their pet when it was a very inefficient thing to do and happened after combat anyway. This will also help clear up “F” to interact functionality.

Guardian

• Tome of Wrath – Removed Stability, added Retaliation; increased the health of the transform
  • Zealot’s Fervor – Players can now move while casting this skill; increased cast time to 2 seconds; reduced maximum targets to 5
  • Judgment – Knockdown is now 3 second.
  • Tome of Courage – Removed Stability, added Protection
  • Heal Area – Base heal increased by 33%
  • Pacifism – Reduced maximum targets to 5; increased cast time to 2 seconds; reduced daze duration to 2 seconds
  • Shield of Absorption. The second half of this skill will now unlock in PvE.

Story

• “Bad Blood” – Exiting the conversation will no longer arbitrarily lock the player into a choice
  • “Mirror, Mirror” – Adjusted difficulty.
  • “The Hatchery” You can no longer do the final step before doing the intermediate steps.
  • “Dredging up the Past” – Fixed blocking bug during the first step.

General

• Fixes for various blocked events and skill challenges.
  • PvP games played/won will not increment in activities.
  • Fixes for various map bugs that allowed players to get out of the map.
  • Interact “F” should use the following priority: 1) Your current selection 2) Loot 3) Revive/Stomp 4) Anything else
  • Updated the recipe for Superior Rune of the Ranger to match the rarity of other Superior runes.

Thanks PCGamesN.

1. roadkill

The question is when will they start selling the game again? :)

2. GwynbleiddiuM

@1 It’s not like there are people who’re dying to dive in.. It’s not like that they can benefit from the digital sales.. It’s not like that holding people off your product at this crucial time will dampen their spirit and makes them lose interest… no, not at all..

I too am left behind, since digital sales are on hold.

3. roadkill

@2 Meanwhile some of my friends have preordered and are now enjoying the game. They are also taunting me with every chance they have. S**t! Sometimes it just sucks to be poor! :)

4. GwynbleiddiuM

@3 Similar situation :D

5. absolutezero

That Ranger pet fix is both good and bad at the sametime. Instead of trying to revive my pet mid-battle I now have to swap him out and wait for the cool-down to swap him back in.

It is going to make reviving actual players in WvW alot easier though, no more targetting a rogue downed Bear when your trying to pick a guildee off the ground.

6. viralshag

@5, Do Ranger pets become harder to kill as you reach a higher level? I always see a lot of rangers with a downed pet by them and from the short amount of time I have played as one my pets don’t last very long…

7. absolutezero

In solo play they very rarely go down and they do a half decent job of keeping aggro away from you.

In dungeons and especially in PvP they go down like a sack of bricks and it just takes too long to bring them back mid-fight. Thats why you’ll alot of Rangers using ranged pets in PvP because using anything else just ends up with them limping along behind you.

I wish there was more functionality with the pets because right now theres only :

Attack what I am attacking
    1 skill specific to the pet
    Return to me
    Swap between agressive and passive
    Stow pet

Theres no real way to try and help your pet hold aggro and the skills are the same for the rest of the game from what I can tell.

Pets in general are a little bit depressing, I like the idea of quick swapping them just like you would quick swap the weapons. Only you get to choose 2 from however many you’ve tamed. Their names drop as soon as you bring one out and replace one of your main two meaning most rangers just run about with the default names.

Hunters in WoW used to get pretty attached to their pets and took an interest in the skills and abilities they could utilise, here its just kinda there and follows you about.

Right now I use the Rat-Dog hideous thing because it has an AoE poison for PvE and a Twin-Tail Devourer for PvP because it does a quite good job of just following me around and pelting enemies with projectiles.

Which is just a bit of a shame because that renders alot of the high level Ranger skills a bit less fun. Like the one that increases the size and damage output for a short time, its less impressive when its just standing still shooting things.

8. viralshag

Nice one, cheers. I can totally get that about the WoW hunter pets and generally that’s what I like about playing a ranger/hunter style character – so you can get attached to your favourite pets.

They do seem a little more impersonal in GW2 and a lot more about simply being a utility. Being able to name it doesn’t rank it any higher than my Necro pets, who are simply fodder in most cases.

9. GrimRita

@viral – get your arse online so we can grow the guild or at least grant me rights so I can claim supply areas ;)

Just rolled Ranger and I am really enjoying the weapon combo. The Elementalist is a good class but cant switch weapons during the fight – Rangers can and then deliver a huge amount of burst damage at close range! Level 25 with that toon now, need to ding 80!