Resident Evil 6: new gameplay footage has torches, guns

Monday, 2nd July 2012 09:15 GMT By Patrick Garratt

Head down for over five minutes of new Resident Evil 6 gameplay. Shooting zombies in the face is a good thing. Here are the last two vids; this new one’s taken from a Japanese event. The game’s out in October for 360 and PS3.

1. GwynbleiddiuM

And is as unimpressive and pointless as RE5..

2. TheBlackHole

RE5 was fucking awesome, especially with a friend.

I don’t care that it was stylistically similar to 4 – 4 was brilliant.

3. GwynbleiddiuM

Not sure if serious or sarcasm!

4. Da Man

Yeah, #2. Obv you’re not a hardcore gamer since you enjoy playing video games in co-op. There should be some Umbrella lab, with lots of so called puzzles which involve running around and collecting colored gems, camera angles showing you one quarter of a 2d background and proper tank controls.

5. GwynbleiddiuM

@Da Man, that’s not the point, they could turn into a 3rd person shooter and still be Resident Evil rather than Gears of War wannabes. Just look at Dead Space, Cold Fear, and indie horror games (except they weren’t shooters, adventure like horrifying experiences would do them justice). The point of Resident Evil sreies was being a survival horror game, that’s ancient history now. The team that did the 3DS game somehow managed to be more relevant in that regard than RE4/RE5. So, you’re wrong to quickly turn this to a hardcore vs casual fight as usual.

6. Da Man

Dead Space was just like RE4, you had to kill more aliens than in a Gears of War. Cold Fear was boring. By all means, if cheap thrills from 80s movies made in 3d polygonal world is your idea of ‘horrifying experience’, more power to you, guy.

I was pointing out the folly of ‘hardcore’, rather than turning this into a vs between imaginary forces of those and casuals…

7. GwynbleiddiuM

It has nothing to do with being hardcore, it’s about standing for something today and go in an entire different direction tomorrow. Something like Commandos games, Dragon Age games, etc. Fallouts, 2 to 3 and NV (Although this isn’t a great example and they didn’t do everything right) were great and stayed true to the games core in many ways more than one.

So Hardcore, softcore, dualcore, quadcore is not my point.

PS: Read this in Chris Jericho’s voice: “DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT I’M SAYING TO YOU RIGHT NOW?” (Obviously meant as humor not an insult)

8. Da Man

I’m glad you ‘ve fully addressed one sentence from my post.

I’m amazed that you describe computer entertainment as something developers ‘stand for’..

Most of the so called core features of the original Capcom titles were results of technical limitations, and besides like I said Re4 was an excellent successor to those, much like Dead Space but without the ridiculously slow, generic, inane and boring ‘story’ of the latter.

Re4. The best there was. The best there is. The best there will be.

9. GwynbleiddiuM

@Nope not computer developers, “Allow me to beg your indulgence for just a moment.” I was referring to the Game that they created. It was a great thing in its generation. They could work on it and implement key features of the series in the new direction, like the fact that it was a horror game and there were puzzles involved. Just like what Valve did in Half-Life 2, it was a shooter, it had puzzles and it was extremely thrilling and horrifying at times and if there ever was a “Best in the world at everything it does”, it was Half-Life 2.

So are you continuing to ignore my point? YES! YES! YES!

10. TheBlackHole

@4 “Obv you’re not a hardcore gamer since you enjoy playing video games in co-op.”

That’s the most ridiculously stupid thing I’ve heard all day.

11. Da Man

I wasn’t ignoring it, #9. I was deciphering it… So we can agree that we have different visions of Re then.. Because HL surely was nothing of what you describe, neither was the second one..

#10 Fix the sarcasm detector, brah.

12. DuckOfDestiny

Is it so much to ask for an inventory system that works like the one from RE4?

That was great.

13. TheBlackHole

@11. Sorry, I haven’t had much sleep.

14. xino

you guys are all pathetic!
    seriously GTFO of the internet man.

so because someone likes RE5, he isn’t serious or not an hardcore gamer?
    who gave you right to judge others if they are hardcore gamers or not?
    we all have lives and do not devote or worship games like you do.

RE5 was a great game but not as sick as RE4.
    I will be looking forward to RE6.

you pathetics can kiss my ass

15. YoungZer0

@4: Proper Tank Controls? I think so far they’ve managed to keep them in every Resident Evil game.

@1: Agreed. I mean RE5 was pretty horrendous, especially if you choose to play it as a singleplayer game.

This seems like they are taking it to a whole new level of pointless.

16. osric90

I hope they made those ACTION signal images more simple. Text was good. They’re too shiny and big sometimes, very distracting and some of them not understandable. There still are some aspects to polish but way to go until October (or September…)