Enter the Dominatrix becomes part of new Saints sequel

Wednesday, 20th June 2012 12:32 GMT By Stace Harman

The release of the standalone Saints Row: The Third expansion, Enter the Dominatrix, has been cancelled, and will instead form part of a new full-length Saints game.

Plans to release Enter the Dominatrix as a standalone expansion for Saints Row: The Third have been shelved, THQ has announced.

Instead, the content will be rolled in to a new full-length, full price Saints Row game. THQ’s new president, Jason Rubin, said:

“When I looked at the Enter The Dominatrix expansion in production at Volition, I was blown away by the ideas and desire to expand the fiction of the franchise.

“I asked the team what it could achieve given more time, more resources, and a broader scope for the project. We all agreed we wanted to play that game.

“When it comes to Saints Row, it’s clear our fans want bigger, better, and even more over the top, and that’s why Enter The Dominatrix will now be incorporated into a vastly expanded, full-fledged sequel, scheduled for calendar 2013.”

As a result of the change of plans, THQ has warned that it expects net sales revenue to fall $20 million for the 2013 fiscal year, when compared with previously-announced guidance.

1. Dragon246

Here’s hoping they survive long enough to release the game.

2. Gigabomber

I believe this can be called the final insult. Making a hasty sequel on the backs of regretful SR3 buyers, CoD style. Better not retail at $60.

3. Christopher Jack

Going to reserve judgement until I actually see what they’re doing.

4. NeoSquall

@2 For once I must agree with you.

Rubin prefers to shove insulsus 3 Euros DLCs to us players rather than give us a full fledged expansion.
    This man is a joke, just the perfect tool to remove attention from the upper management’s misdeeds.

5. The_Red

This is really worrying. The whole thing could mean that they want to add a little more meant and polish to a small DLC and sell it as a $60 product.
    Something like Crackdown 2… I really, REALLY hope that’s not the case.

6. ItsFade

No thanks THQ. This just seems like more of Saints Row: The Third my least favorite entry in the series I will pass. I think the over the top nature of Saints Row is funny when you balance it against something, when everything is over the top and silly it just becomes the norm and Saints Row: The Third just made it too corny for me to enjoy.

7. drewbles82

What I heard was enter the dom was gonna be like Red deads Undead in that its kinda an add on but you dont need the full game to play it. So yeah having it release a yr after makes sense.