God of War: Ascension videos show single and multiplayer gameplay

Thursday, 14th June 2012 15:22 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Sony has released a single-player and multiplayer trailer for God of War: Ascension. The single-player video, as you will notice, contains many scenes culled from the E3 stage demo Sony showed here last week, while the other video shows off the arena. Watch each below courtesy of Gematsu. Game’s out on PS3 March 12.

1. Ireland Michael

And the gameplay looks exactly the same as the last five.

2. YoungZer0

This is the Assassins Creed Brotherhood of the God of War Franchise. A useless excuse for a multiplayer nobody wanted.

3. Da Man

Oh well, with their kind of PR bs and adverts, they need no gameplay.

DM

4. Specialist89

Multiplayer in a stylish action hack ‘n slash game? Come on Sony…

5. Gadzooks!

Milky milky!

GZ

6. OrbitMonkey

@2, Well why would the gameplay change? It’s GoW, you chop people up like…

7. Ireland Michael

@7 I don’t know about you, but I don’t personally enjoy playing the *exact* same game over and over and over and over and over…

And this isn’t about completely changing things up either. The core combat hasn’t evolved in any way whatsoever. It’s still almost completely identical to the original game.

8. OrbitMonkey

@6, Ooh trollbait!! Quick lets all count up the number of releases of exclusive franchises and see who’s the milkiest!!

9. OrbitMonkey

@8, That is a fair point. I’m not a fighting fan myself. Streetfighter, Dead and Alive and Ninja Gaiden all look the same to me, so I wouldn’t really know.

10. Kuwabara

fkn epic!! best looking game this gen when it’s done.

11. monkeygourmet

These are hamburger games Mikey boy, No one wants the core mechanic to change that much otherwise you might as well just create a new franchise.

You don’t like these games anyway, if they suddenly changed the gameplay up, you still wouldn’t want to play as Kratos because he’s to much of a violent unoriginal character. So again, what’s the point in complaining.

Most people who play these games just want to pull some heads off a Minotaur after work. You know, because it’s fun to have a bit of cheese and pulp sometimes…

I bet you only listen to obscure Belgian jungle music because everything else is too mainstream… :)

12. Gadzooks!

#9

If you have nothing more constructive to do then go ahead. Make sure you include prologues and HD remakes.

GZ

13. Da Man

GZ

Genius!

+1 just for that one.

14. Kuwabara

fable forza halo gears , thats why its called a 360, repeat repeat :P

15. YoungZer0

@13: That’s the biggest fart i’ve heard today.

16. Gadzooks!

#15

I was going to sig my posts with ‘CC’ at the end, but it turns out we already have a Condescending C•nt. ;)

17. StolenGlory

Heh, I must admit that made me chortle. :)

18. Ireland Michael

@13 I enjoyed the first one.

The second one I was juat about able to tolerate having the exact same gameplay given to me.

By the third one (the PSP) I was sick of it.

You don’t have to reinvent the whole damn game, but they could at least add some goddamn depth to it and evolve the combat at least slightly..

Spectacle fighters are one my favourite game genres, so please don’t tell me what I do or don’t like.

@18 Lawl

19. StolenGlory

I *think* that the ‘CC’ comment may have been intended for another given the interactions between GZ and the chap whose post he referred to :)

20. zeus019

they should end this game with a good ending. i loved this game but they are milking this too much and it is killing a good franchise, please sony don’t do that, as a big fan it will be a nightmare to see GOW get a low rating/review (4m fans) cuz u guys want to milk it.

blizzard makes very good games cuz they takes time to make a game….

21. Gadzooks!

Indeed, the sig pun was not aimed at Michael today.

Not saying who though, as its a super special secret!

GZ

22. monkeygourmet

To me it’s always going to be a series that rewards less skilful players with some cool looking combos. I’ve heard it does get more strategic on higher difficulty levels but I only ever play on medium as I occasionally like a good brawler but do not have time to put hours into learning how to combo cancel, juggle to infinity etc…

Games like Bayonetta and devil may cry are out there if you want that kind of depth, but to say they don’t change things up at all is a bit unfair.

It gets to the point where there isn’t much leg room in the gameplay surrounding these types of games. Or maybe that’s my lack of imagination?!

It seems that even Japanese developers that usually innovate are either treading the same ground or trying to copy western franchises.

We’re entering in to exactly the same territory we were in when all the final fight, streets of rage clones were coming out…. Some new ideas but your basically playing the same game.

Wether new hardware will bring new ideas I’m not sure, I guess there is no real way to battle a huge boss realistically without some kind of QuickTime event at some point.

23. Ireland Michael

@22 Today?

As opposed to… when?

24. Gadzooks!

#24

Hehe, I wondered if you would spot that!

Er, I mean it must have been my phones predictive text!

25. Ireland Michael

@25 Indeed.

26. OrbitMonkey

@23, New tech will help it look better… Not much else.

27. loveaya

Boring game, an ARPG not an ACT

28. cozican

@5 Yeah so multiplayer should be limited to boring repetitive shooters no one should bother trying to implement in other game styles at least people are trying to be innovative and try something different instead of sticking to the same old formula

29. KAP

To all the trolls, let me guess you’ve played enough of this game to know there’s no change? GTFO

30. Kuwabara

@ GAZ, Correct me if im wrong, lol. But i was just playing along your game.