Bethesda has announced the availability of Skyrim patch 1.6 on Xbox 360, which brings mounted combat to the game. Now you can shoot your bow and put an ax to a frost troll’s head all while astride your horse. A host of fixes have been applied as well. Patch notes are below, as outlined in the Steam version.
- General stability and memory optimizations.
- General AI pathfinding optimizations and bug fixes.
- Optimizations and crash fixes for data leaks.
- Fixed rare crash with lighting.
- Fixed crashes related to loading and saving games.
- Fixed crash with summoned creatures/NPCs.
- Fixed rare issue where saves would be corrupted.
- Improved logic for when ranged kill cams are played.
- Fixed issue with ranged kill cams while killing a dragon.
- Fixed rare issue with certain ranged kill cams not playing properly.
- Fixed issue with nirnroot lighting not properly cleaning up.
- Fixed issue where bow damage was being calculated incorrectly.
- Fixed rare problem with werewolf kill moves would not finish animating properly.
- In “The Break of Dawn” fixed rare issue where Meridia’s Beacon would disappear from player’s inventory.
- Fixed occasional issue where followers would disappear after player pays off a bounty after committing a crime.
- Fixed issue where certain creatures and NPCs would fail to respawn properly.
- Fixed rare issue with dialogue subtitles not displaying properly.
- Fixed issue with water appearing blurry when loading a saved game after creating a save underwater.
- Fixed issue where map cursor would occasionally disappear after closing a message box with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360).
- Fixed rare issue with shouts only performing the first level and not other unlocked levels with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360).
- Fixed issue where the shout buttons would stop working properly if users mashed LB and RB during cooldown with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360).
We’ll let you know when it’s available for PS3.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.