Robilliard – Star Wars 1313′s a more linear “crafted, roller coaster ride”

Thursday, 7th June 2012 16:28 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Star Wars 1313 creative director Dominic Robilliard has described Star Wars 1313 as a “linear, crafted, roller coaster ride.”

Speaking with GameFront at E3, Robilliard said while players won’t have “much freedom,” when it comes to where to go – but it offers more freedom that you might think.

“This version of the game is definitely going to be more along [a] linear path,” he said. “It’s more of a crafted roller coaster ride. You’re not going to have much freedom where you go location-wise, but again within those levels you will have more freedom than you might expect.”

Robilliard previously said you won’t be able to force choke anyone or perform any other Jedi-type, magical waving of the hand.

The game has no release date or confirmed platforms at this point, but it’s at least playable with an Xbox 360 controller – as shown during the GTTV E3 demo.

Considering it was built using Unreal Engine 3, it will likely release on PC, PS3, and 360 unless there is some sort of exclusivity agreement in the works behind-the-scenes.

1. ManuOtaku

I do really hope this game is good, as good as republic commando was, please lucas deliver it.

2. Peetry

At first this news annoyed me but now I’m thinking uncharted in the star wars universe, now I’m happy again.

3. daytripper

Hopefully a next gen port too

4. jldoom

@2 That’s exactly why I dont mind the linear path it seems to have. As long as it’s a GOOD Star Wars Game, I’ll be happy. I’m really excited for this title, cannot wait to hear a bit more about it.

5. Gadzooks!

Well that’s any entheusiasm I had for the game gone.

6. KAP

@1&2

Why does the word “Linear” seem to be a dirty phrase when games are concerned?!

Nothing wrong with a focused game. Look at GTA many never complete the story because of less focus.

I prefere both personally.

7. ManuOtaku

#6 man, i didnt explain myself correctly, what i did try to indicate was that i hope it was as good as republic commando, not for the gampleay or type of game, but because it was good for a new ip under the star wars lore or universe, and thats what i hope for this game too, despite the type of game it is, and despite the differences that do exist between the two, i hope is as good as that one, thats all really.
    P.S and most of all, because in my eyes this was the last good game with the star wars name on it.

8. Maximum Payne

Inb4Unchartedripoff

9. ManuOtaku

Like uncharted wanst a “rip off” of a certain game, and look how good that one turned out, well those 3 to be more precisely.

10. OrbitMonkey

I’m interested… Surely the Star Wars franchise is due a decent game again?!

Really hope you get to blast some Jedi/Sith ponces… Fannying around with their frickin glowsticks :-/

11. HeavyD-Love

Uncharted meets Star Wars…….brilliant.

12. The_Red

This is Star Wars Uncharted and it looks AWESOME. I really really hope the whole game has the roller coaster feel because an M rated Star Wars with original trilogy’s feel is simply too good to pass.

The only worrying thing is LucasArts itself. These days pretty much anything associated with THAT Lucas turns out horrible.

13. ManuOtaku

#13 if those 6 hours are top notch, i dont see the problem, vanquish is a good example short, but great.

14. ManuOtaku

#15 lets have a little faith, at least give them the benefit of the doubt, it doenst do any harm.

15. Kabby

Looks like Force Unleashed without ‘the force’.

16. The_Red

What good game did they make BEFORE 2007? As far as I can seen, they haven’t made a good game in ages. Any decent SW title has been either from BioWare or someone other than LucasArts itself.

17. fearmonkey

Hey Lucas Arts – TIE FIGHTER! – bring it back.

18. Xacto01

Hey Lucas Arts – TIE FIGHTER! – bring it back.