Ubisoft: Watch Dogs coming to PS3, 360

Tuesday, 5th June 2012 18:43 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has confirmed in a GTTV interview that Watch Dogs will be coming to PS3, 360 and PC.

Guillemot dropped the confirmation after it was speculated after the announce at the end of the Ubisoft press conference the game would be a next-gen title.

But in the GT interview, the exec wouldn’t quite rule it out for next-gen altogether.

“We’ll see,” he said when asked about the next-gen version.

Guillemot confirmed the game was being driven on a high-end PC during the press conference last night.

No release date details were mentioned in the interview. Watch the incredible demo and the the premise trailer for the new Ubisoft Montreal IP here.

1. polygem

so much for next gen rumors….

2. manamana

Go to hell Jesus.

3. manamana

And yeah, I could’ve waited till next gen, because a dumped down version of this spectacle is like a Mersault Coche Dury. Opened a week ago.

4. DSB

I thought he did already.

Oh… You meant that Jesus!

5. Ireland Michael

@3 There’s a phrase I never thought I’d hear in my life.

Hahahahaha!

6. xino

hmmm..it will be inferior on consoles!
    what we saw during E3 was running on PC that looks incredible.

it will look lackluster on consoles:/

7. Erthazus

I don’t know why someone thought it is for next gen.

Everything that was shown was for PC, but you can strip shadows, textures, resolution, lightning, shadow bokeh and etc. like every console game this gen.

It’s not that hard. Look at the Battlefield 3. It’s next gen on the PC, but it’s not on consoles.

So 360 and PS3 of course.

8. The_Red

HELL Yeah. I was really worried. Hopefully the it won’t look too bad compared to the shown version (PC).
    Outside Beyond, it was the only promising new IP shown at E3.

9. KAP

This was the only news I was actually waiting for. Now. Happy.

10. Takeshi

@8: that would be cool, but I don’t see Ubisoft going out of their way to develop this title that way. They haven’t with their previous titles, have they? Sure, titles have looked a bit better on PC, but not like Witcher 2 or Battlefield 3.

11. Stephany Nunneley

@8 That’s right. The demo was shown running on PC. It was said last night.

12. zeus019

If u enjoy the game It doesn’t matter what version of the game u play ….. I know i will play it on pc ……

long live game ….. and UBI soft and others :)

13. Maximum Payne

@11 For open world game look pretty good

14. manamana

@8+12 shure, but why couldn’t that be the platform for dumping down to next gen? Dump it down to this gen and you take everything that made the game look cool away. But yeah, will probably get it on console anyway, as I don’t like to sit on my desk and play …

15. jdfoster00

Said it was being played on a high spec PC

16. Edo

Just watched it on GTTV,the clever old sod didn’t want to reveal anything else :) ,still,looking forward to see more of it and will be getting it for PC
    @15 “as I don’t like to sit on my desk and play”………………I don’t even….whaaaaaat!?!?

17. Maximum Payne

There are 2 version of videos.
    In one your main character is transform on roof or something like that, then he escape.
    In other video he use car for getaway.

18. MFBB

Graphics are not that important for most people.

Holding the game back till the release of new consoles would be bad.

The possible sales are very limited in the months and even first 1-2 years after release.

Now we have a super huge user base for PS3&Xbox360.

The game will for sure still look great on those 2 consoles, cant ignore you main money source.

Looking forward to this , together with “Beyond” the only awesome surprises this year.

19. Fin

Great!

20. Night Hunter

It’s a trap!

I still think this will come to next gen consoles at launch. First of all Ubisoft said back in 2010 that they won’t release any new hardcore ips this gen, second they normally never take the time to make a pc version that looks even halfway decent.

EDIT: Maybe they’ll release versions for current gen and next gen. It happened at the beginning of this generation, why not with the next one? they could strip it for PS360 and make a pc port for next gen.

21. manamana

@Edo I got my powermacs (running Windows) in the studio, the minor stuff at home. Don’t hang out there all night just to play, see.

22. badboy_122

are you gonna lose weight if you put ” And PC ” in the title ?

I almost had a heart attack dude

23. manamana

:-D

24. xino

and

we obviously knew its running on PC.
    wasn’t the Samaritan demo running on PC too? and considered next gen?
    duh!

obviously things can be shown as next gen but they wouldn’t reveal controller or consoles as they would be on PC.

fact is fact, the demo shown on PC rivals the stuff Samaritan demo could do!

25. manamana

^ to be fair, the Samaritan demo looks “like a pile of crap” confonted to UE4, if its to believe what Mr.Capps said …

26. Edo

You have a studio…I see…

27. Yoshi

*nearly faints* FUCK YOU VG247 XD

I don’t know what it is you with over e3 but damn you and your titles.
    I nearly had a heartattack because I thought it wasn’t coming to PC

Same with the Splinter Cell news post I thought it was going to be PS3 and PC only until I opened it up.

28. manamana

@Edo no. You don’t.

29. Moonwalker1982

Watch this game getting either canned or totally changed next E3. Splinter Cell Conviction, Ghost Recon FS, and now apparently Rainbow Six Patriots as well….ALL received huge changes and looked totally different than what it once was. Oh and can’t forget about I Am Alive.

And it’s a shame if this really comes on current consoles…it’s gonna look alot less impressive than what we see here. Bring it to the new consoles!!!

30. manamana

This game made a huge wave, can’t see it getting canned …. But I absolutely agree on the rest. I’m looking at you “I Am Alive”!

31. Edo

@29 So you don’t have a studio…make up your mind dude.

32. manamana

Sigh. I intended to say that no, you don’t see nothing, dudster.

33. Edo

@33 Sigh…I don’t see nothing means that I see something – double negative .

34. manamana

Yeah right, you get my message don’t you? You haven’t been at my studio, you haven’t seen anything. Thats more comfortable for you Sire? :-D

35. manamana

And just in case, no, my email-account is a hotmail one and I won’t tell you my webiste as there is my address, phone number, vita etc. So yeah, live with what you don’t know about and what you think of me.

36. Edo

@35 You’re a sad little man aren’t you…sigh indeed.

37. manamana

What the fuck is your problem?

38. Edo

@38 My problem!?You honestly believe that anyone(and when I say anyone I mean every single soul that visits this site)wants to know anything about your “studio”!?Are you for real!?Surely you can’t be that pathetic…

39. manamana

Oh! I found a new friend. Welcome my little dude, may I show you the world. No? You don’t want to? Oh, what a tragedy for me! On a forum. Of a gamingnews site. In the internet. What a letdown.

40. Edo

@40 doublefacepalm.jpg.

41. manamana

Sowhatsyourprofession.3FR

42. Edo

@42 LetscallitadaydudeIhadenoughofthisshallwe.jpg

43. Dragon246

Ok so no wiiU? Amazing. So this is the kind of 3rd party support they are getting.

44. Kuwabara

damm atheists and jews here.