French retailer lists Medal of Honor: Warfighter for Vita

Saturday, 2nd June 2012 22:08 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

French retailer CDiscount has listed Medal of Honor: Warfighter as available for pre-order. EA has yet to announce whether the game is coming to the handheld or not, but its E3 press conference is on Monday so if true, it will surely be announced. According to the retailer, the game will arrive in stores alongside the PC and console versions. The retailer also lists “Need for Speed 2012″ for Vita (thanks, Gek) which we’re pretty sure is Need for Speed: Most Wanted. So far, platforms have yet to be announced.

Warfighter releases on October 23 in the US and October 26 in the UK on Origin, PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. Thanks, ShopTo.

1. Gekidami

Was Need For Speed announced for Vita? Because thats on there too.

2. Stephany Nunneley

@1 Good lord I have no idea. What will be announced next week then? :D

I’ll add that in there, thanks.

3. Talkar

Is it just me or has there been a gazillion Vita news lately? It’s just amazing! :P

4. Stephany Nunneley

If it’s really getting some of these awesome games, I may have to pick one up. I had planned on eventually getting a 3DS – just for Layton mind you – but I can’t get both.

5. JRNO

I wonder if this’ll be anything like it’s console and PC brethren. I wouldn’t expect the Vita version to be built on the Frostbite engine, even if it were stripped down.

6. Erthazus

Port.

7. OrbitMonkey

^ I prefer brandy.

8. Erthazus

Haha. Nice one :D

9. Pytox

Cod Engine can prolly run at 60Fps on vita, Frostbite prolly not though it’s on a lower resolution so who knows :D

10. TD_Monstrous69

If they (Danger Close) can actually bring Frostbite 2 to the Vita, and make it run on par with the console versions, I’d be more than impressed. Though until this is confirmed within the next week (this forthcoming week being the week of E3), I take this story with a grain of salt. But man, do I hope this is true. Cause I’d really like to see cross-play functionality between the PS3 and (potential) Vita version.

11. Erthazus

“(Danger Close) can actually bring Frostbite 2 to the Vita”

and 64 players with destruction, vehicles and Direct X11 with 16x Anti Aliasing and tesselation. Don’t forget for High end textures with 2560×1660 resolution.

12. TD_Monstrous69

@11 Who let u out of your cave?

13. jdfoster00

@12 +1

14. Dragon246

Mind you, vita screen resolution is less than HD, so less graphical muscle is required to produce good visual quality games on vita.
    Sony E3 will be awesome!!!

15. humanfish

If this is going to be the same game as the PS3/360/PC release, whilst it is positive to hear games being released on the machine, i want new and different games. I will be playing Warfighter on my big screen and PS3. There is no point playing the same game on my Vita. If it was a prequel, and different story, that would be bloody awesome though.