Black Ops 2 Zombies to be “biggest, most ambitious yet”

Wednesday, 2nd May 2012 02:36 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Robots, horses, yadda yadda yadda – tell us about the zombies already, because Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is going to have a lot of them.

Speaking with Activision community manager Dan Amrich on web show Roll Call, Treyarch boss Mark Lamia hinted the studio has something special in mind for its trademark Zombies Mode.

“If you like zombies, you’re going to be really happy with what we’re doing with Black Ops 2. it’s our biggest, most ambitious zombies effort ever,” he said.

Lamia dropped a couple of other small tidbits, noting that “on the [Call of Duty] Elite front, you can expect some real deep integration inside of Black Ops 2″.

The developer said the single-player side will include “non-linear gameplay elements” which Treyarch is “designing into the campaign”, and noted that the team has “done a lot of research into making this plausible near future scenario really resonate with player”

Check out Roll Call below – the interview kicks off in earnest at about 2:55.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 is coming out in November.

1. G1GAHURTZ

WHAT!?

A walking tank with a gun on it????

What is this, 1980?

Lazy.

2. CyberMarco

@1 Can you tell me how you turned the words “walking tank” and “1980″ into links please!?

3. freedoms_stain

@2, he used HTML tags, it’s the 1st one in the list below the comments block, you put your link between the 1st set of quotes and your text in the 2nd.

4. The_Red

I guess Sgt. Frank Woods is one of thoes zombies now. Seriously, how the hell is he alive in this?

5. G1GAHURTZ

@2:

Yeah, like this, but use > and < instead of } and {

{a href="http://www.anything.com&quot;} These words are the link {\a}

6. Noodlemanny

I was all like “nah won’t get black opps two”. Then this reminded me of the zombies. Damn, too many fond memories I’m not sure I can turn it down.

7. CyberMarco

I can’t get it working! :/

I put in the first quotes “http://www.vg247.com/” and in the second quotes “vg247″ but my comment is blank!

8. HeavyD-Love

I like COD, but I just don’t dig the whole zombie thing. Never did.

9. lama

wow, i just checked the trailer. this looks horrible! now im really pissed, damn!