Call of Duty viral video suggests Black Ops 2 is set 10-15 years in the future

Tuesday, 24th April 2012 19:52 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Could Black Ops 2 or whatever the next Call of Duty is to be named be set 10-15 years in the future? Possibly, if this viral video released by Activision is any indication.

The video was linked to via the Call of Duty website and shows a “prototype quadrotor with machine gun,” a futuristic drone basically, posted on FPS Russia’s YouTube channel.

Polygon notes that keywords posted for the video include: “black ops”, “zombie poker party”, “tacitus”, “t shirt” and “Tacitus t shirt”.

To coincide with other rumors posted earlier, Tacitus – a senator and a historian of the Roman Empire (AD 56 – AD 117) – mentions a lunar eclipse in one of his writings which occurred on September 27, 14 CE.

He wrote that upon seeing the lunar eclipse, “the soldiers who were ignorant of the cause took this for an omen referring to their present adventures.”

The eclipse occurred soon after the death of Augustus, so how this ties into Call of Duty is unknown.

We’ll find out next week, hopefully.

Watch below.

1. G1GAHURTZ

We knew this about two days ago…

2. JimFear-666

the accent sound fake to me haha

3. Gekidami

^ Thats because it is, FPS Russia isnt really Russian, its just his gimmick. Though some of his videos are awesome.

Maybe CoD: Eclipse will be its official name, Blops 2 might just have been temp.

4. Stephany Nunneley

@3 That makes a lot of sense Gek. And yeah I like his videos too.

5. The_Red

COD Eclipse remind me of Twilight films. Of course if it’s as crazy awesome as Blops then I’d be ok with that.

6. Gekidami

Well retailers are apparently calling it Eclipse:

7. Hell-Raiser-85

FPS Russia aka FPS Kyle. Real name is Kyle Myers

8. OrbitMonkey

CoD could be set 30 years in the future and have fricking lazers guns and photon torpedoes… It’ll still be quicker to use a knife ;-)

9. Da Man

Um. Who gives a crap about Fps Russia?

10. Maximum Payne

@8 hehehe or to quick score :P

11. Erthazus

If it’s going to be set 10-15 years in the future, it’s going to be hilarious to see what it is about.

Americans will probably fight somewhere in Iran or China… Maybe Vietnam again LOL with Crazy Russkies all over the place and of course ” Secret Nuclear facility” with “Super Secret and Bombstic weapon that will destroy The World” somewhere. You can’t have a conflict without that and of course some ape shit communist leader. A-a-and Conspiracy theories.

12. G1GAHURTZ

No lasers…

I reckon this one is going futuristic espionage/Bond/Bourne style.

13. Maximum Payne

Maybe its 10-15 years after Black Ops ?

14. Gekidami

I bet theres a mission… On the moon!

15. laxan96

I loved BLOPS so much that I´m gonna buy it again cause I miss it every time I play mw3. I don´t like MW3 so much, it´s just a competition and a social thing with friedns. Wish they thought the same way. I´m probably never going to buy a game from sledgehammer or IW again. Maybe I don´t know, maybe sledgehammer will get the MP right next time with good gameplay and less noobtubes and no fucking quick scoopers.

This is gonna be a D1B (Day 1 buy) for me.

16. The_Red

I really hope they do to the sci-fi what they did to old conspiracy B-Movies with Blops.

17. mathare92

Been there, done that – Kojima

18. Gigabomber

That looks safe.

19. TheBlackHole

@9 erm… the millions of people that watch his videos?

Perfect target audience, cheaper than TV, people WANT to watch his videos unlike an advert.

Seems like a good idea to me.